www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On our round last Saturday, we encountered a father/son duo and what appeared to be a mother/son duo playing Cedar Hill together.  In fact, I seem to be noticing more and more families spending time together playing this sport.  I hope this trend continues.  I'm wondering if the disc golf programs at elementary schools is paying off?  Anyone else seeing more families playing?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took my wife with me yesterday.  She likes it OK.  The only reason I got her to start playing at all is because I bought her a couple discs with cute animals on them (Polecat and Skeeter).  

I saw one of my coworkers out there with his four small kids and they were having a blast throwing those big ring discs. It was the first time he himself had been out there.  I think a lot of non-disc golfers like him probably sat at the playground watching there kids play while also getting to see all the people having fun playing disc golf and thought "Hey, the kids would love to do that".

You're probably right, but Innova has been developing programs to interest kids at school.  Damn smart, if you ask me.

Quite often here on weekends you have to be ready to deal with groups of 7 or more with 3 of them 10 and younger. We had doubles at Mt Airy one saturday last year, it took us 3 hours to play that round because a family of 6 was in front of us and refused to let us play thru, so everyone bit their tongues and took 60 seconds to putt instead of 30. :)

Some of them even carry golf bags.

family golf is great, its the best way to promote the sport, if you have problems with that , play at a differant time , early in the morning or late at night, if that doesn't work you can always play with yourself. but really there should be signs that say let faster players play through .a gentle reminder should do it.
It is the best way to promote the sport.  I'm sure some newbies aren't aware of the etiquette.  I love seeing young and old alike on the courses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968