www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got a 150 Destroyer since that's what I throw mostly( heavy star destroyers are my fav). Won't throw it till tomorrow and then might pick up a Boss or Tdevil.

Any thoughts from those of you who have had a chance to check them out?

ultra flippy?  Am I gonna have to really  hiezer it?  huge difference from the 150's down to a 139?

floater?  hit a tree yet? durability?  etc...

Views: 3091

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't thrown Blizzard anything yet but today I got my first glimpse of a Blizzard Katana. It was in the 130s weight wise. The guy throwing it really liked it and was parking holes with it.

From what I read only the 130g's float, I tried to see if my 156g boss would float and it didn't. Don't worry I didn't let it sink much, thats the nice thing about working at a place with 7 pools lol. 

I have used them for about a month now, picked them up from the factory store's first batch. I love the 155-157g boss's they fly dead staight for me with just a tad of hyzer at the end. putting them out there about 360-390 feet range. The destroyer for whatever reason is more overstable and I like it for my forehands and long hyzer holes. They do have a great skip action to them also and the only draw back is not being able to use them on windy days. Not saying you cant use them on windy days, but they have to be thrown in a way that does not fit my game.

Thrown with just a tad of hyzer on them, almost flat. So you shouldn't need to throw a hard hyzer angle if your one of us normal non 500 range players.

Durability, I hit a metal pole about 80 feet in front of me on a full pull, it left a tiny dint in the rim. So I would say they stand up pretty good to the duability test.

I've been throwig a 150g Katana, love it. Thinking about trying a 133g.

157 - its a cool lookin disc fly's similar to my z- nuc , would like to try a lighter disc , i bought it from discovering the world and they didn't really have specific weights just a choice of 130 discs or 150 discs

Thanks for the response.

thanks for the responses so far gang!

My 150 Boss is quite overstable for a light disc--but that's at altitude (7,000 ft)--I highly doubt it would be as overstable if throwing at flat-lander altitude. But there is no doubt in my mind that this technology will help all of us achieve longer, distances. Its nice to find a 150 disc that can take a beating and still have a reliable fade.

Now its time for DIscraft and Latitude to improve upon the technology.

I want to pick up a blizzard Destroyer and test it out. Hopefully in the lighter weights I'll finally be able to throw one right lol

I've thrown a 157g Destroyer a handful of times now.  I think for now it is a training tool for me.  I get wild results and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the quirks in my mechanics.  On one throw it'll flip over and cruise well past 400', on the next I'll attempt to adjust and it'll go 330' on a hard hyzer line.  The disc will definitely go, and it has pretty incredible stability for how light it is.  

It's not a disc I trust for a serious round, yet, but I could see it becoming my open field full rip disc with more practice.

I've hit a couple of trees with it and skipped it off a road, so far no major dings or scrapes.

How does a blizzard boss compare to a rpro boss? Besides durability.

for me about the same , i have thrown a 167 pro and a 157 blizz,  pro seems to have more skip at the end. the blizz seems easier to maneuver on golf lines . but i left the pro on the course a while back, so its hard to compare the two exactly , both are better than the r-pro,hope this helps

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968