www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got a 150 Destroyer since that's what I throw mostly( heavy star destroyers are my fav). Won't throw it till tomorrow and then might pick up a Boss or Tdevil.

Any thoughts from those of you who have had a chance to check them out?

ultra flippy?  Am I gonna have to really  hiezer it?  huge difference from the 150's down to a 139?

floater?  hit a tree yet? durability?  etc...

Views: 3086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love them! They're not as understable as I thought they would be (139g Blizzard Boss never hyzerflipped uncontrollably on me) and the 146g Wraith I tried really boosted my backhand distance (I'm forehand-dominant); just don't throw them into a headwind for Pete's sake!

CHAMPION BLIZZARD Bosses, Wraiths, Katanas, Destroyers ($13.95):

http://stores.ebay.com/Hazardiscs-Disc-Golf/_i.html?_nkw=blizzard&a...

Innova Blizzard Plastic Thoughts

I have a Boss and a Destroyer. I have thrown both equally and I like the Destroyer better, I think because I don't have the power for the Boss yet. I get a better flight with the Destroyer. I am having a harder time controlling the Boss.

155g Boss

158g Destroyer

Alright, I couldn't stand it. Hole 17 at one of my Home courses is about 420ft from the Blue tees. Always a Tailwind on this hole. I want to Park it SO BAD and just don't have the arm. Just ordered a 133gr Katana to try out. If I don't like, it will make a great forehand disc for my 6 year old. :)

Anyone else read that David Higgins Jr. threw one of the Blizzards 828ft????? :0

I just got them in at The Throw Shop, reviews to come tomorrow as it's raining and dark!~

Thrown each 4-5 times, cold windy day, and I have a cold so the review is not based on much input yet:

Boss- 156g lots of bubbles in flight plate: Threw on a 430' hole into light headwind from the right (I am RHBH), and it flipped hard but carried out, ended up a solid 440' of tee-to-landing distance, but 150' right of fairway!

But on another shot, thrown high with a little hyzer angle, it went a solid 450' on a turnover that finished straight in the fairway. I think the Boss will turn out to be too flippy for those who throw with tons of snap.

Destroyer- 150g no bubbles in flight plate:

Threw it 465' in a tailwind, straight

Threw it under the basket 425' hole between two tree lined ponds, tailwind from left

Flipped didn't make it 300' cross-wind to the right next hole

Sidearm- flipped HARD and flew like a 90 degree angle left after it had turned, not for sidearm

I got to throw the 150 destroyer today. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised that it didnt turn over like I thought it would.  I am definitely  going to have to try a few more disc in the blizzard line.

Thanks again for all the feedback gang.

OK. The 133gr Katana is VERY UNDERSTABLE TO SAY THE LEAST. :)

I under estimate my arm 99% of the time, but this thing was ridiculous. Forehand, using only my wrist and forearm, I turned it over MORE than 90 degrees and it went WAY LEFT. I figured. But, Backhand, I actually turned it so far anhyzer that it flipped over onto its top. It barrel rolled on me! I should have known ordering such a low weight. I ordered a Destroyer in 154gm today. Trial and error? Lol.....

I did give the Blizzard Katana to my 6 year old and he threw it forehand about 120ft his 1st throw. So, it is his now. :)

Yesterday playin in our 23rd annual frosty frisbee i smacked a tree and and took a big notch out of a tree with my 157 bliz boss and this was No damage to the plastic that i could see. Another shot i brushed two snow laden evergreens and the disc kept going through to within 15 feet of the basket. they said i was lucky and i said lucky to have the blizzard boss.

I was told by an Innova salesman that any disc under 140 will float

I have one of each, and they are definitely adding distance to my drives. The Wraith is my favorite so far for holding a nice straight line. The Destroyer and Boss are both getting me more distance, but are harder to control for me. The 130 Katana goes forever, but has a real hard break to the right. And, if you suffer grip lock when throwing it, it might just come right back to you...

I got a super-light destroyer. 132 grams. The disc just seems to float forever, but the light weight seriously messes up my rip. I always end up shooting it high and to the right. Hoping that If I work on it a little bit, it could really be a bomb.

I have a 155 handles the wind fine (nothing major over 10mph) I can bomb that thing farther then another disc I own. I do not have the power for a full size boss so that may be why. Forehand with this disc is not worth it unless you are going for super long uncontrollable roller

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968