www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So what does everyone think about this?

Starting in 2010 if you want to compete in a National Tour event you will not only have to be on your game but you will have to demonstrate your knowledge of the Rules of Play as well. At this year's Fall Summit the Board of Directors voted that all NT participants will be required to pass a Rules Proficiency Exam before being allowed to tee off.

The exam will be an online test consisting of 15 questions which are taken from a much larger pool of questions. In order to pass the exam the player must answer 12 (80%) correctly. There will be no limit to the number of times a player can take the online exam. The questions asked will be similar to the certified officials exam which is also an open book format. Players are urged to have a rule book available while taking the exam.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An open book test with unlimited attempts seems to be more of a token gesture in my opinion. I appreciate what they're trying to do, but I'm not sure that this will lead to better or more frequent rule enforcement at a tournament. I'm assuming that's what they're going for, right?
Do we know if Certified Officials are exempt from the test?
I don't see a problem with it honestly, I mean it is 15 questions and you have to get 12 right and can take it as many times as you want. I'm sure that anybody who has been playing this game for as long as most of the pros, it'll be ez-sauce.
If It's Free , no problem.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968