www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Okay... say you were going to design a course, but you can't really afford baskets yet, but wanted something to throw at; and also to show the general public what they can anticipate, what would you use instead of a basket? I have seen many things, some better than others, but I wanted to know if there are any creative, but budget friendly solutions out there that I have not heard of. 

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What if you placed a sign at the beginning of the course warning that you are a entering a disc golf course and that you enter at your own risk; wouldn't this relieve the park of any responsibility of people getting hurt by disc golf equipment or disc golfers?
There is a lot of value to your idea. Do you know roughly how much a pole and a collar would cost; and more importantly where to get them?

saw this online,go the homemade route

another homemade,looks easy

homemade,old bird cage
Very nice! Are these examples you have done personally?
Thanks for the link. It would seem that the baskets are more expensive if you buy them piece by piece, but I guess if budgetary money is slow on the draw, this still could be the very good approach.
Not necessarily. If you later buy nine complete baskets (without the poles which you would already have) rather than just one by one, DGA will probably give you a course discount if you buy that many at one time.
ive got 9 of these clank's for mackenzie park .
Attachments:
Don Ticknor of TNT discs in Osseo has some similar using wind chimes on the back 9 of Wild Apple Disc Golf Course on his awesome property. I thought they worked great.
yeah everyone likes them because there are better then trees . i tell everyone on sundays " i have half a disc golf course in the back of my explorer ."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968