www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes!!!!
Not as much right now, as I live in a apt building with no yard. But When I was in Eugene OR I went out in the yard twice a day for 15 -20 mins each time with 2 putters.

Putt practice for me is: 2 putts, stand 10 feet from basket until you make both. Then move 5 feet back, if you make 1 and miss one you stay, if you miss both you move 5 feet closer, if you make both you move away 5feet more... and jsut see how far you can get away from basket.

I also went to an open field at the school park and worked on my drive. always make sure you are aiming at something and not just throwing into a big open field...
Thanks for the Putt practice info, That sounds like a great way to do it and I think I'll give it a try. For driving, Yeah,I always pick out a target.Right now how they land is telling me how much work I have ahead of me, but I'm a very determined person lol.
i do the same as skipper i normally only get to 40 ft before it all over
I'm going to try this as well. I'm sure it will be a while before I can admit to staying out beyond 20 feet for any significant amount of time.
Like this. Wish I could do it over the winter.

I am just hoping for little snow this year . . . yeah right . . . so I can play all winter. I mean once we hit 2 ft or more of snow it is rather pointless. I spend more time looking for discs then throwing even with the ribbons on the disc.
30 years of the Maryland/ D.C. Metro area snow was enough for me. I remember all of the beauty of winter etc. and I look forward to a vacation North one day. However, after 10 years in SW Florida, I'm still more comfortable with a Hurricane threat here & there than I would be black ice, snow, snow plows, road salt etc. Then again, I'll bet your courses are BEAUTIFUL in the summer. I remember the spring/summer grass and summer trees being a deeper kind of green in the summer in a place where the winter is icy than down here.
For putting, check this out:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2730

For other drills and practice routines I follow these:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11
I think it was in the DVD that David Fieldburg put out that said never to putt practice out side your Zone.... no reason to practice missing when you can move in closer and practice hitting the chains!
I've got a pretty good sized yard, so what I do is work on my upshots, i'll start at 100 feet, throw 10 approach shots, then make the putts from wherever they landed, then 150 feet, then 200 feet. Then i'll move in and practice putting from 10 feet, 15 feet, 20 feet, 25 feet, 30 feet. 5 putters, 50 putts. I'll usually hit 35-45 of them.
I don't even practice if I'm at the course. Mainly it's just mental preparation for the day. Get a good night's sleep and wear comfortable clothes. Then buy the proper amount of quality beer. Then drink said beer. Then play.
I just took a look at this as you suggested Sean. http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11 There is definitely A-LOT that I'll be trying there & here. Thanks to everybody here for the input. Now I just need to find more hours I can dedicate to it all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968