www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OKAY PLEASE FEEDBACK ON THIS.. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I DO WITH MIDRANGES???

I HAVE BEEN PLAYIN ABOUT 5 YEARS AND KNOW ANY DISC INNOVA MAKES AND HAVE TRIED THEM ALL, BUT I CANT FIND ANY MIDRANGES THAT I DONT TURN OVER I HAVE TRIED EVERY KIND OF ROC, SPIDER, CRO, ETC. LATELY I HAVE BEEN HAVING TO USE WHIPPETS FOR MIDRANGES DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT THAT MIGHT HELP????

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see some decent advice here but I'm confused about the comments of throwing drivers and mids differently.
If I am driving, weather it be with a putter, mid, or driver, everything is pretty much the same minus maybe a shortenened step and less speed. I'm still gripping the same, releasing with a lil hyzer, having it flip up, cruise and do what it does...

The comet helped me correct some form issues and has obtained a perm spot in the bag. Imo its the best disc to help learn snap vs speed. If you're stuck on innova the stingray or mako would be simillar.

Also, try lining up the disc with the forarm tendons. This will leave your wrist in a handshaking like position- this is the release most needed on the course.
GL

Shane if you have learend to throw 587 feet without learning to throw a midrange, you can take drivers out of your bag all together at this point and focus on your midrange game, most that can throw almost 600 feet with a driver can reach out to about 350 400 ish with a buzz or a roc no problem and their arent many courses around here that you need much more than that to score well. i challenge you to do that, learn to play for a while without drivers, learn to score with midranges and slowly add the drivers back in and you will see a leap in your game. that distance can be considered elite power in this game but the great players will attest that sharpening the other end of your game will shave way more strokes.

listen to mark nuff said

thank you all for the feedback, i have alot of work to do with my midrange game.

CHAMPION GATOR....or dont roll your wrist over

If you are going to throw mid ranges at full power you will have to hyzer them. I recoment that you through them at 80% power, and the unstable ones with alot of hyzer.

All of those capital letters are giving me a headache.

You are throwing them with bad form.  I used to flip everything over until I realized that even the "big guns" of disc golf don't even flip a buzzz.

Try taking the distance back a bit.  focus on a smooth/slow release.  Just practice getting your less stable discs to fly straight (even if it is 150 feet). Once you have control, then build up the distance.

Not over torqueing your mids is kinda like letting go of the caps lock...and you clearly managed that

:)

Adjust your throwing style to the Disc you are throwing.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968