www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

About 17 years ago, two guys came to the college I was attending and put on a flying disc show. I was asked to video the show and in exchange they'd let me have a disc. At this point, my friends and did not own our discs, we borrowed the schools. After much consideration, and no real knowledge to go on, I choose the Tracer from Discraft. It's orange and has a weight of 177. It's really dinged up now and but still flies well, when I throw it well. That's my oldest disc. What's yours?

Tags: discraft, discs, equipment, own, tracer

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1988 or 89 Phenix(pictured) Also have a Griffin and a Glo Raven

all my old disc are still not even a yeasr old ... but ask me again in 10 years :))
I played a round this morning with a guy who used a "85 softie ?" as a putter. It was normal golf disc diameter but looked like an old frisbee, made by Whammo. His long range driver was a beat DX Stingray and he beat me by four strokes on a course he had never played before.
Matt Sink said:
I played a round this morning with a guy who used a "85 softie ?" as a putter. div>

Its an 86 Softie and yea by whamo and they still make it to this day, I have an original and a new one, very soft good for playing catch and short putts
Yeah that's what he said an 86 softie, his looked pretty old. Said he has been playing for 25 years.
Matt Sink said:
I played a round this morning with a guy who used a "85 softie ?" as a putter. It was normal golf disc diameter but looked like an old frisbee, made by Whammo. His long range driver was a beat DX Stingray and he beat me by four strokes on a course he had never played before.

I play quite a bit with Rob Bryan #5012, he still uses an 86 softy, and some of his money discs are still Whamo. He's a fantastic player who's been playing DG for 20 years or more. Good stuff ... he's wicked with the softy.
John McMullen said:
Matt Sink said:

I play quite a bit with Rob Bryan #5012, he still uses an 86 softy, and some of his money discs are still Whamo. He's a fantastic player who's been playing DG for 20 years or more. Good stuff ... he's wicked with the softy.
I played a round a few weeks ago with a guy who was throwing a glow Stingray with the regular 90's production stamp, so that disc was at least older than the "Throw in the Dark" stamps. He was also still throwing a Wham-O 44, which is a version of the Viper with grip rings on top that Innova made for Wham-O in the early 90's. He was a friend of Bob Waidmann's, and Bob was throwing rollers with an original Lightning P-38 and putting with an old original beadless Aviar like he has since I've known him. Sometimes Bob has an original Champion Eagle in his bag, but he seems to prefer that old P-38. Usually I'm the guy with the "old plastic" bag since I still throw Rocs with the full big bird stamp, Banshees with the star stamp and tournament plastic Cyclones. These guys were making me feel like a noob.
Probably the oldest disc I have that I can date is an Aviar XD with an "Oklahoma Disc Golf 1988" stamp.
The oldest golf disc I have in my bag is a Champion Eagle, which I bought new in 1983, but I have as a backup marker disc a blue Wham-O raised letter mini, which came out in the late 1960s.
My oldest disc is a Blue Super Pro from 1974.
Oh , wait ...................................I do have a Original Frisbee Pin tin if that counts !!!!!
I found a softie by wham-o when I was playing in a tournament 16 years ago. I still have it, but don't use it as much as my Aero.
Didn't Discraft also make a flat disc called the crusier ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968