www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

About 17 years ago, two guys came to the college I was attending and put on a flying disc show. I was asked to video the show and in exchange they'd let me have a disc. At this point, my friends and did not own our discs, we borrowed the schools. After much consideration, and no real knowledge to go on, I choose the Tracer from Discraft. It's orange and has a weight of 177. It's really dinged up now and but still flies well, when I throw it well. That's my oldest disc. What's yours?

Tags: discraft, discs, equipment, own, tracer

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got an old Discraft Tracer and Maurader , that are just a few months younger than yours. I showed the Maurader to the owener of a local shop, he'd never seen one without the cowboy stamp
I was at a yard sale a while back and saw this Super Puppy with a "California Sinsemilla" stamp on it in green and purple. It was pretty beat up so I asked the guy what he wanted for the Frisbee. He said two bucks and I offered one (grin) and got it.

Unloaded it on Ebay - don't recall how much it brought, but it was *way* more than a dollar.

Right now my oldest is a blue 180g Comet from about a million years ago.
Donny Olow said:
Didn't Discraft also make a flat disc called the crusier ?
Yeah, they had the Crusier and the Windstar. The Windstar was a Crusier with a bead. Both of them had huge wings for that time, Innova had some big wings on big diameter discs like the Phenix and Scorpion, but the Crusier and Windstar were smaller diameter discs with something like a 1.7 cm wing. The Lightning F-15 Eagle was the only other disc out at about that time with a smallish diameter and a wing nearly that big. Anyway, neither the Crusier or the Windstar were very popular. The Eclipse was the big Discraft driver back then.
1993 Worlds Biggest Stamp Cobra..........man that thing is sweet!
95 Innova Classic Roc... This thing can be thrown as lazy as possible perpendicular to the ground, and still turn over to roll. I keep it in my bag to make myself feel good when I don't correctly hyzer flip some of my drivers and need a pick me up. Lol. But at the same time, it works well with tight gaps and uphill shots... as well as putting.
i was just wondering if you have a DX Scorpion you would like to get rid of i would pay you well for one>?
Actually you don't have too many to list you have one lol.
He did ask what's your oldest disc right?
not nearly as old as yours but my favorite disc even today is my innova wolf mid-range multi-purpose disc. the first time i ever threw which was 8 or 9 years ago i found it. it had no phone number or anything on it and since i didn't have any discs of my own i kept it. even then it was already dinged up but since then it has turned into my go to disc for anything under about 225 feet. now i carry two or three wolves and only throw the original for short safe throws.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968