www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Cabin fever sinking in?  Then join the daily winter putting contest!

Here are the ALL NEW RULES for 2011:

You may do one set of putting per day.  No starting over once you have started.  You may complete this sequence of putts in any order.  Post your daily score to this thread (even if it's not a winner) to track your progress.

Here are the 50 putts to complete and their pts value:

15 footers x10 (worth 3 pts each)

17.5 footers x15 (worth 2 pts each)

20 footers x25 (worth 1 pt each)

So 85 would be a perfect score.  I thought this put good emphasis and pressure on those "must have" putts.  You know the feeling when you step up to a 15 footer in a little bit of a breeze thinking: "I have to have this."

We will run this contest till May 1st.  Post daily and good luck!  Eternal glory is at stake!

I am still looking for a sponsor for this event.  If  you're a vendor and interested let me know.  (I'm looking at you Ben Calhoun)  Maybe they could throw a putter or two of choice to the winner.

Views: 319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

82 pts today. missed 3 20 footers. I feel like the elusive 85 pt day will come. What a huge improvement this contest has made in my putting.
81 pts today. Missed one from 15 and two from 20. They were all wobbling lame-duck putts. Every now and then I think my mind psyches my body out and convinces it that I don't know anything about the mechanics of putting. I'm finding if I let the body take over I do much better. So my manta lately is "The only thing that can miss this putt is my mind." Seems to work for me... just a reminder not to overthink... as that is clearly something I do. :-)
10/10, 15/15, 24/25 for 84 points. I think I could have hit the 85 mark if not for a conversation started by my wife that included Ohio State (fellow Michigan-raised DGers should understand). I was pleased that I was able to pull it back together and hit the last two. Note to self, do not talk about college football during tournaments.
Alright, who's updated recently? I messed up my hand/wrist and can't putt, but would still like to see who else is posting scores so I can keep up when healed.
Sorry, I haven't putted in a few days because a friend of mine lost his 5 mo old daughter. I'll putt tomorrow... I mean, I just got another 1080 Radius in the mail the other day off ebay so I have to right?? Then I'll be away in no putt land again for 5 days. :-(
Sorry, I haven't putted in a few days because a friend of mine lost his 5 mo old daughter. I'll putt tomorrow... I mean, I just got another 1080 Radius in the mail the other day off ebay so I have to right?? Then I'll be away in no putt land again for 5 days. :-(
I too need to get back to putting again. Been playing in tourneys like crazy and the weather is so nice that I have been on the course. Its crazy how much my putting has gone down in the last few weeks without using this practice regiment.
Sorry for the loss Brandon, definitely more important than putting.

Eric - it's been nice here too, by Alaska winter standards anyway. I have a serious itch, may have to go out lefty if the weather keeps up.
Alaska Winter Standers. I guess I can't complain about the 70+ degree weather down here on the gulf coast lol. But hay it was really windy and was almost chilly ;b
It hit 37 today, it looks absolutely glorious, and I'm fully splinted with (the suspicion of) two sprained ligaments in my throwing wrist. I hope others are out taking advantage of the weather.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968