www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow what an idot he is. i mean if ur gunna smoke atleast be smart about it.
He should of been smart enough to at least close the curtains,with all the poparazzi now days looking for this kind of stuff. He may not of hurt his career but may lose some endorsements not to mention all the kids that look up to him as a role model.
I wanna be like MIKE !!!
I bet his buddie took the pic and sold it to the media.

Jim said:
He should of been smart enough to at least close the curtains,with all the poparazzi now days looking for this kind of stuff. He may not of hurt his career but may lose some endorsements not to mention all the kids that look up to him as a role model.
And do the media honestly think this is the first time that he has partook in smoking, I HIGHLY doubt that if he is hitting a bong. On a side note I smoked for 7+ years and just recently came to the conclusion that I need to stop because it cost's to much money (unless you produce/sell) and good luck legitimately getting a good job.
Did he smoke it in under a minute? Unfortunatley for him, big money sponsors do not like this kind of publicity. Hopefully for him, he has already make his millions because I think alot of his sponsors will pull out due to this. As stated before. We now know that he is human and is cappable of making wrong choices.
I was told that you can be kicked out of the Olympics for 4 years. That's just info through the grapevine. I wonder what his endorsements feel about the situation.
They were saying that the Olympic Committee is voting to start drug testing athletes betweeen olympics. They think what is happening is people are juicing/training right after an Olympics and stopping in enough time to get the drugs out of their systems.

On a side note I'll give my opinion:
I don't think it matters if a drug is legal or not. I think that if something is not legal in this type of scenario you are a role model for hundreds of thousands of kids and it is up to you to uphold a higher standard than the average person. He is a young guy, people make mistakes but that's not the point. He has been in trouble in the past for under age drinking/DUI (shortly after the last Olympics) and said almost the exact same thing as he did in his press release yesterday. "I know I was bad it won't happen again" in a nutshell.

Mike Inscho said:
I was told that you can be kicked out of the Olympics for 4 years. That's just info through the grapevine. I wonder what his endorsements feel about the situation.
Totally agree with John. I have nothing against the herb, I dont smoke it, I work in law enforcement. hmmmm. When a role model does this, it destroys a littel bit of america. When he does it twice, what are we saying, "it's o.k., again". Hell no. We try and teach our kids that decisions we amke, we have to live with, but sociaety teaches them, its o.k., we can fix anything. Thats why we have columbine, school shooting. Hell, when I was a kid, I was afraid to touch my dads gun or he would beat me, now, these kids and their firearms collections. I know it's not the "same thing" but if you think about, it all stems from what we portray to our children. Quit blaming the presidents that you dont like and look into your own world, start there. Maybe one day, we will be a proud nation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think they are making way to big of a deal out of this. Alcohol hurts and kills more people than weed ever has. Who cares if he smokes weed all the time. Lots of people smoke weed every day and are still productive members of society. I hate how we make these people role models, and then expect them to not make the same mistakes that we have made. I think as a society we need to do a better job of raising our children so they are not so influenced by the actions of supposed role models. Toke on Mr.Phelps!! Just dont let your friends take pictures while your doing it.
in a 100 years who will care? I know I wont look at our first pres. hemp grower and brewer! Is he being prosecuted? oh what about all the illegal junk the rest of our so called leaders of the best country in the world are doing. ha its a joke of jokes. smoke up and enjoy life before you die!
jumbs said:
Have you ever won 8 gold medals?
Have you ever won 8 gold medals on weed?

BLAH HAH HAH. lol. Jon Stuart would be proud.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968