www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wanted to have a little survey on how people pivot on theyre lead foot on the release, I myself am off the front toes and ball of my foot.' Ive only noticed my friends going off the heel, so far Im the only one not to. I wonder whats most common?

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are on your heel how does you pivot in the follow through. BALL OF THE FOOT HERE.
Jamie said:
If you are on your heel how does you pivot in the follow through. BALL OF THE FOOT HERE.
Watch the plant foot in this clip by clip video. He pivots on the heel. It almost looks like he is hyper-extending the right knee at the same time."">
I pivot on the ball ,and roll up towards the toe,during the follow thru..........initially my foot is pointing left of the basket, but as i pivot it turns in towards the basket during the follow thru.........I have seen some videos of heel pivots.... it does seem to keep the release point lower on the pad.
Jeremy...no offense here concerning your discussion and I don't mean to steal your thunder, but I need to know HOW to pivot on my left foot (I'm a LHBH thrower) before I can determine if it's a heel or toe thing. I just can't seem to get that right leg around to complete the pivot. That leg just doesn't seem to come around naturally for me. My follow through seems blocked somehow. Can you give me a tip on that first? Again...sorry for changing the subject.
K.
The Champs Way vid (thanks Rich) says to stay on the balls of your feet thru the whole X-step. An occasional heel-tap is fine they say, but you should be up on the ball as a pivot point any time you're on a teepad.
Jeremy...no offense here concerning your discussion and I don't mean to steal your thunder, but I need to know HOW to pivot on my left foot (I'm a LHBH thrower) before I can determine if it's a heel or toe thing. I just can't seem to get that right leg around to complete the pivot. That leg just doesn't seem to come around naturally for me. Can you give me a tip on that first? Again...sorry for changing the subject.
K.
Ball of my right foot (RHBH)...I know this 'cause I have a callous there...
maybe try to focus on calking back your hips, like a baseball swing, or doing the twist when you pull ur arm back to throw, that might help pull your right hip around naturally

Ken Long said:
Jeremy...no offense here concerning your discussion and I don't mean to steal your thunder, but I need to know HOW to pivot on my left foot (I'm a LHBH thrower) before I can determine if it's a heel or toe thing. I just can't seem to get that right leg around to complete the pivot. That leg just doesn't seem to come around naturally for me. Can you give me a tip on that first? Again...sorry for changing the subject.
K.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968