www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This year's disc for those who've been wondering- ESP Cyclone. Don't knock it until you tried it, I just shot 2 better than last time I played that course, and only using this once disc!

Did you play?
What do you think of the disc?

I like it a lot, used it to clean up my 2nd (in a row for me, missed last year) One Disc Challenge win, shooting 46 on the Yellow course.

I was able to throw 360' hyzers with it, straight drives, sidearm and even putting was decent.

SHOUT OUT to Mark Kruse for the CTP donation for BYOB to BRATS. Play his tournament at Vienna park the weekend after mine.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have always loved the Cyclone in D and X plastic, I am very excited to hear that Discraft is making it in ESP.
Ben, does it fly similar to D or X plastic, or more like Z plastic?
I don't really know. Similar to Teebird, minus the glide. Probably the old X, and nearly the same as the 2000 Pro Am Worlds player's package one.
i thought the disc would be pretty understable before i threw it. I was way wrong. I found the ESP cyclone to be fairly overstable. I could see how the disc could find a way into my bag. I was able to shoot sidearm hyzers and backhand hyzers. just not much of a putter for me though.
wow a tie dye cyclone was my first disc, i still have it, it was s a good beginner disc for me, not sure i would consider throwing one back in the bag, but it would be cool to throw one again just to see how far i could throw one now compared to how i used to throw one....hmmm
Extra Slippery Plastic, yuck. All of 'em, not just this mold. Too slippery for me is, but then so is all of the premium plastic. For an "old school" mold this disc still flies pretty far. I'm betting Mike Randolph will like this one, I believe he's still chucking 'clones. I saw some good throws out there last night. I was disappointed there wasn't a new mold to try out. The boys at Discraft must be losing interest. I did pick up some Zones that aren't black, so I won't be searching for my errant rollers too often now.

Nice turn out as usual. Good to see all the usual suspects again. Heard Dr. Peck's ace go in on #17 while I was approaching the tee on #1 M.
At first I was in the middle with the disc. I wasn't use to driving with that style of lip. Once I was able to adjust for that lip I began to like the disc. I think it may be my new short hole driver. Also, it seems to be a pretty decent tomahawk.
I would love to get ahold of a esp cyclone, Already carry 2 in Z plastic.
I personally did not like the disc. It was reasonably reliable on a backhand but flippy as a sidearm with just a little headwind. It was also very slow in the air for a driver. I just think that there are already better discs out there such as the Avenger or Teebird TL. For a sidearm, give me the Firebird any day over this. I don't know the original cyclone but veterans in my group said it did not fly quite like the cyclones they used to throw.
Tony we have no confirmation that discraft will be making this disc in ESP for the general public, they returned for our event this disc. time will tell but we were led to belive that beyond what was donated 200 discs this disc will not see production!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968