www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I played in a one disc pick up game yesterday .it was 27 holes at a course with a mixture of open 400+ holes and very tight tunnel hole but on average the holes were 300 ft .I debated in my mind what disc to throw all week and went with the first disc that came to mind .my max weight beat in star tl .its just such a reliable disc for me. it was interesting to see what people choose .I saw a couple buzz's one crystal ,one flx .there were 2 destroyers 2 valks 2 tl's 1 wraith .i know a couple people regreted their choices .bill with his destroyer won ,my only problem was putting with a driver and being torn on putting styles spin putt or scooby and that caused me to miss some easy birdie putts .a friend rod who up till last yr was a one disc wonder remembered how to putt with his driver and shot a 5 down on the final 9 to knock me off the lead card (stupid sexy flanders) .i know that the choice of discs would change from course to course but if you had to choose one disc to play a tourney with what would be your choice???

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd go with an elite z buzz, stable roc, or champ. cobra.
Z Buzzz hands down. Parking holes removes the possibility of missing putts. Buzzz all the way
Wow great response to the thread ,it seems rocs and buzzz's are peoples choice's .I was torn between my buzz and the tl ,I went tl for one simple reason....wind. at the course we were playing at the wind can be really strong and the course is fairly open .sunday we got lucky and the wind stayed away .I honestly think if the wind would have picked up, the buzzz's and rocs would have struggled more .as it was buzz's finished out of the top 5.I finished 7th i trust my TL in the wind but would have loved to have been able to putt with a flx buzzz.
have to take the surge. It just goes exactly where i want it to go with my backhand or sidearm.
gonna go with my elite Z buzz, hold any lone you put on it, can putt with it and can still huck it down the long ass holes as well...
Gotta be a ROC - all around best for a consistent multi-purpose disc.
I would say a max weight Champ Teebird...I was at this tourney and that is what I used. It was kind of a pain to put with it, but when I figured it out....things were much better.
Acutally the one only one in the top 5 was Dave at 5th with a Buzz. Bill used a driver (don't remember which one), John had a TL, Rod had a TL, and I had a Teebird. Brian was the only other person that I remember that used a Buzz. I don't think any body used a Roc during that tourney.
Ok here is the disc that i remember people throwing sunday.Bill threw a destroyer,Thad and John threw star and ce TL's,Dave and louie and brian threw flx and crystal buzz's,Rod threw a star Wraith ,Zoe and Patrick threw champion valk's and sean threw a teebird
ROC for me. You can get a ton of distance out of a ROC, they are top shelf up shot discs and putt very well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968