www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I played in a one disc pick up game yesterday .it was 27 holes at a course with a mixture of open 400+ holes and very tight tunnel hole but on average the holes were 300 ft .I debated in my mind what disc to throw all week and went with the first disc that came to mind .my max weight beat in star tl .its just such a reliable disc for me. it was interesting to see what people choose .I saw a couple buzz's one crystal ,one flx .there were 2 destroyers 2 valks 2 tl's 1 wraith .i know a couple people regreted their choices .bill with his destroyer won ,my only problem was putting with a driver and being torn on putting styles spin putt or scooby and that caused me to miss some easy birdie putts .a friend rod who up till last yr was a one disc wonder remembered how to putt with his driver and shot a 5 down on the final 9 to knock me off the lead card (stupid sexy flanders) .i know that the choice of discs would change from course to course but if you had to choose one disc to play a tourney with what would be your choice???

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A ROC
the other tl was a ce
I would have to go with z drone or flx buzzz. depending on the course.
Years ago I had just bought a new Aviar and wanted to break it in so I carried that and nothing else for one round. My friends carried and used all their discs just as they normally would. I shot -10 and beat all of them.

Not exactly what the thread is about but close. ;)
I would use my rock.
My ESP or Z Buzz, unless the course was super long.
FLX Buzzz.
The Stalker!!! I like it!!!
really depends on the leanth of the holes, a course with mostly 300ft and less id go with a comet, anything wiht lots of longer holes id have to say buzz.
Never ever change discs that you know. there hasent been any game changing discs created for ages. The horrible truth that we all we all know is that its the archer...not the arrow. Mr. Ellis said it best..."Climo is amazing. He can beat most top tier people with a garbage can lid." Pretty much true. Top tier players are physically "meant" for the sport. Pretty sure at 5'7", 210, bench press reps of 240 that its not about strength. i also run like a dear( 4.6 in the 40 at 40 years old) that its not about stength. these guys just have something amazing. i love to watch these guys throw thier old shitty discs with greater distance and more consistency than i thought was ever possible.Watch them...Its in the technique...not the disc.
I have to go with my Super Roc (Rancho mold) Just because It can do it all. Even though I can't!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968