www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Seriously.

You Floridians throw me a bone here and tell me that Discgolfcoursereview.com is outdated! I got a vacation planned to the beach in July and I want something more than a short nine hole course!

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow I just checked it out that's a bummer. I had to check it out for myself after I read this. It looks like the next closest course is 60 miles away. Good Luck.
Wow, figured there'd be more than that and closer. I've been to PC a few times and there really isn't that much going on in that part of FL. Maybe go to GA or drive further south and see if you can anything. 60 miles really isn't that far either, but I guess it depends on what you want to do on your vacation and if you have to pay per mile on a rental car.
If you got the time take a cruise out to Clear Water, or Orlando. They have some great courses there.
I wonder what the wife would think about that...the hour trip to Fort Walton is a bit more realistic...
Ok if I am not mistaken there are more courses in the surrounding area. Like maybe 15-30min drive from you. I will look it up later when I have time. But we were going to take a trip across the pan handle and found like 8 courses across there in the surrounding area. Eventually we went east to Jacksonville, Live Oak, Gainesville so we never made it over to that side. But look in the surrounding towns I know there should be a couple of more.
I hope you're right...but the closest one per discgolfcoursereview is an hour away in Fort Walton...Pensacola and Tallahassee have quite few courses, but they're almost 2 hours away--not quite what i'm looking for--If you know of another website to find nearby courses, please let me know!
Pensacola really dont have shit. There is a course on the University of West Florida campus its a beginners course for the most part, there are a couple mildly challenging holes. The nicest one is the Sunset Breeze Disc Golf Course, On Gulf Breeze, off S. Sunset Blvd. That course is really nice but I don't know about a 2 hour drive for that course. Theres also one on the Navel base but you can't play it without knowing someone in the navy.
I played at Gulf Breeze a couple of years ago (while staying at P.C.Beach). It is about a two hour drive but a lot of the drive is along the coast and imo the d.g. coarse was worth the drive. There are two coarses on the Naval Base but (like Steve said) you need a sponsor. You can get on the base to see the Naval Air Museum (it is free and awesome) and there is an old Spanish fort (Fort Barrancas) on the base you can tour for free. These things may help you to convince your wife to go, it did mine:)
pensacola has the Blue Angels course on the air force base there. You have to be part of the club to play the course...but just get a tag for $5 and you are good for the year. Or call ahead and they should let you play there. There are 2 18 hole courses their. FOrget about uwf....
I called and they still told me I could not play.
What about blue angel park? 45 holes at one location. Awesome park. A must play if you're anywhere near the area. IMO

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968