www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hey i'm thinkin of moving to portland OR from Charlotte NC.
Here in charlotte we got a pretty killer scene but i'm seein portland had like 22 courses within 26 miles of center city. Anybody on here from portland? think its a good idea? I see theres a shitload of microbreweries and courses plus i see you guys are also decriminalized as well as have a pretty nice med marijuana thing going. Hows the buds for those of us without ailments?
thanks alot
-moyer-

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dont know about most of what you asked about but its a very pretty city, also has some real nice land. only visited so dont hold me to it, lots of homeless though but thats cause they cater to them: public toiletys and bubblers
I like everything about the area. Biggest down fall is the weather!! Get use to very little sun and alot of drizzle. I know/new alot of people who didn't think it would be a big deal, but it is. The weather SUCKS big time. Thats why they are stoned all the time, well maybe why:) Great people, town, and disc golf!
Well coming from a person that lives in Portland.... I love it! There is a big difference in the fall to spring...very little sun. I moved from Colorado 11 years ago ( i haven't moved back). The first 2-3 years every fall I would get a little depressed because the clouds just roll over you all day long until 5pm..so you can see the last seconds of sun before sunset, but now it really isn't that bad...you get use to it. During the summer time Portland is beautiful not really hot except for a couple of days and our humidity is not the same as in Charlotte...very mild.

As far a courses we have a lot of variety...I'm not sure about all 22 courses...some are pitch and putt. We do have some kick ass course up and down the I-5 corridor. You can play some great courses in Seattle, Portland, Eugene, Medford, Grant Pass, and Mt Shasta in Northern Cal. Here is a web site you can check out all the courses in the Pacific NW www.nwdiscgolfnews.com .

As far as Portland goes in the summer we have a summer leagues every night of the week except for Friday...usually travel day for people going to tourneys. If you want to play in tourneys out here you have to be on the ball for sign-ups..example this years Beaver State Fling AM field filled in 5 hrs. There are a lot of avid golfers up here ready to play in drizzles, rain, down pour rain, and forget it it's toooo windy and rainy...hell with it lets go play anyway! Winter time we don't stop there are local tourneys done by local disc golf club (PDGA), and team golf which is a kick in the ass! Our team name Green Bowl Packers our logo is my avitar.

Right now with this economy jobs are few...Oregon unemployment is around 12.1%

And yes the Microbrews are everywhere...the buds mmmMMMM good. Don't take my word for it you need to come and visit and see for yourself.
Nice to have this thread going.

I will be there staffing a conference that my employer puts on from July 16-22, or thereabouts. May try to stay a couple of days for the disc golf. What's happening on that schedule?
oregon is awesome. i vacation there every fall. the weather is perfect. good beer, good food, good smoke. beware real estate is through the roof out there. and the homeless are on every street corner but most are nice. i prefer southern oregon to portland but it doesn't disappoint. music scene out there is great too. giant playground if you love the outdoors.
Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
Nice to have this thread going.

I will be there staffing a conference that my employer puts on from July 16-22, or thereabouts. May try to stay a couple of days for the disc golf. What's happening on that schedule?

Here is a calendar of events that one of the disc golfers runs up here..AWESOME SITE!! Hope to see you out here!
http://freecal.brownbearsw.com/TreeLove
You have to like a place that has a motto "Keep Portland Weird" To think it almost ended up being called Boston, Oregon (sorry just a bit of trivia!) I just couldn't hang with the weather!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968