www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, pretty common post. Heading up to WA to play in a tourny. My plan is to beeline up to Eugene for the night. The next day I'm going to play at least one course between Eugene and Tacoma. So I'd like to get some advise on courses between those two places. I must say I'm leaning towards Pier Park in Portland, but if told of a better place. I'm game.

Thanks and Peace!

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here is a site that maybe somewhat helpful.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/
come check out ft steilly here in tacoma 40 acres of disc golf 40 baskets 70 teepads. which tourney ya playin?
Pierce Park is a beautiful park, lots of second generation trees and lush shrubbery. I went early as I heard that it can get really busy during the day. I absolutely loved that course. However, I must recommend Milo McIver State park in Estacada, OR. It's a champ level course, and it is simply stunning. I had never been on a course like that, and I was blown away. Three tee pads per pin, huge distance, groomed fairways, and picturesque scenery are all things that we don't have a lot of here in Spokane, WA.

PS- if you go into Portland and fancy a cup of java, find someone who serves Stumptown coffee. Better yet, find the Stumptown roaster and get some straight from the source. Best Latte in the greater NW in my not so humble opinion.
Crystal Mountain. I'm glad it's onlt two rounds! Don't know if I could play a full three on that mountain goat course! My friend and I might play that a few days after the tournament.
Cool, I LOVE coffee. Matter of fact. One of the things I'm looking foward to in Eugene. Is going to this local coffee shop. It's downtown near the city building. Can't remeber the name, but I know were it is! Is "Stumptown Roasters" a coffee shop?I'll look up Milo. Is it along the I-5 route?
They're a roaster that supplies a bunch of local coffee shops. They also have their own location, and that's the one I'd recommend. I find that most people that serve it know what they're doing too. I think that Estacada is SE of Portland.
WOW the reviews are off the hook. Doesn't seem to far out of the way. Thanks for the info
From Eric in Eugene,

Are you playing in Eugene too? If so check out the 18 @ "Dexter" over the 9 @ "Westmoreland" Eugene has a lot of good coffee, besides Dutch Bros.

have fun

-Eric
Ya thats a No on Dutch Brothers! I forget the name of the coffe shop, but it's right next to a small bakery. I just remember having luch at a corner resteraunt, saw this place (very small) and have been stopping there for coffee whenever I'm passing through or hanging out. I just love Eugene!
I've played both of those courses. Dexter is awesome. Last year. I ran into some one from Eugene and he said there is a new course that was built on an old ball golf course? He said it was on the outskirts of Eugene, but I haven't seen it on any maps. Any idea were it is?
Mciver all the way, moved out of oregon 2 yrs back and if it was a choice of course near the portland area it would be that one. Take a look at Pier Park before you make the trip, if you've got time to slide in another round (about an hour) it would be well worth it before you hit WA.
Seatac's real good Whistler's bend is real good so's Milo check out my site there's a safari story their about the very same courses cheers
Thank you. I've played Seatac before. Man, one of THE tuffest courses I've played. It looks like Milo on the way up and Whistler bend or Pier Park on the way down.
I also want to thank all of you for your help!

Peace!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968