www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Went down to Oroville to practice for next weekend's 3rd Annual Feather River Open next weekend.  Half of the place was under water! Holes 1-8 are removed due to flooding, and all the holes along the river on the North course are gone too. This is Hole # 3 South. The water is several feet deep! Makes it tough to practice for the tourney.  I hope there is still gonna be an event!

Tags: oroville

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uh oh.  Time to head for higher ground, might need to find an alternative course for the event, or at least buy some new mud boots.
dude, the tee pad looks fine.  I say throw! :)
Water Hazzard Tourney might be an option for new name,stay safe.
I say no water hazards play it where it lies just wear some swimming trunks and have fun. Or get some wahoos and a canoe.  as long as there are not any alligators.  Might start a new trend might get some outdoor sports places to sponsor with some gear too.
I have to help run the event, so I'll try to take some vid/pix to send to you.
This is a picture of a basket taken yesterday on the North Course (probably 17 or 18, not sure)!
The O-Ville dam continues to increase its release of water! As of yesterday, the Park is officially closed due to flooding. No pre-tourney practice for anybody!
Good luck. I doubt the grounds will dry up enough in a week to play a tournament. Hopefully there's a plan B course available.
The Feather River Open is on! I'll be there Friday at 2pm taking early sign-ups and doubles registration. We want to start the doubles round by 3pm sharp, so show up early.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968