www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I don't know about you guys and gals but I'm really enjoying the World Cup of Women's Soccer currently being played in Germany.  These pro athletes remind me of our women playing in our pro disc golf tourneys.  They play all out striving to be the absolute best they can be.  Britian, the birthplace of soccer lost a tough and hard played game today in a shoot out to the French team. A very well played and classy game of soccer.

Germany, the perennial powerhouse lost their quarter final match to a fantastic close checking Japan in in overtime. Stunned fans in that stadium.

Tommorrow, Sunday 6:45 ET  the Beautiful Swedes take on them Kangaroos from Australia.  Should be an excellent game.

And then  the USA takes on them pesky Amazons from Brazil.  Watch out for "Marta"  she's a one women whirling dirvish.

Tremendous tourney ...... lots of skill by excellent athletes.  Love to see them step on to one of our courses somewhere and see how they fair.

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yanks win !!  Yanks win !!  Yanks win !!

take a look at this footage to see how the American ladies beat the formidable Brazilians 

http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/highlights/video/video=1472619/i...

semi finals    Japan  Sweden  Wed   6pm   German time

other game   France  USA    Wed  8:45pm   German time    Teevo it or tape it or pvr it

wouldn't it be great to have a real world cup of dg?   yahoo

good game this morning ..... swedes beat the french to get the bronze  2 - 1 ..... them girls play hard and a very enjoyable game to watch ...... it's all about build-up and pressure ...... sitting on the edge of your seat for sure .... your Americans go for gold tommorrow morning against the lower to the ground wonderfully hard playing japanese ..... find it on maybe espn  ...direct from Germany   ....... it will be a wild one ....... best soccer on the planet right now !!
I wish I could have watched some of this.  (I guess that means I'd have to buy a TV eh?)  I really enjoy soccer.
go to a bar and get em to put it on ...... only every 4 years and the crown is won
Even better... maybe I'll hop on a treadmill at the YMCA for 3 hrs. :-)
I watched the final today and thought the women looked great until they took a 2-1 lead. I played on the best team in the country in the 6o's and could see a difference in the womens play after they scored. They went defensive to protect their "win". That is never a good sign. I was commenting on that to my wife as Japan came back and scored. Our team just got a big lesson in attitude and finishing a game.

sadfsdsdfsdfsdfdsfdsfsd

I give up. I was going to agree with Larry Mann but the edit doesn't work right.

They needed to keep attacking but they didn't do that.
one game final ...... anything and everything can happen ..... how that 2nd Japanese goal went in i don't know .... hard slider way down, flashed off her boot to go in short side like a skip ace was something .... a great goal ..... too bad for the home team on the penalty shots ..... maybe a coaching error in that they should have put in the experienced Wambach shooting first to settle their side into just ball striking not blasting away ...... lots of pressure for a big win ..... the whole tourney was a joy to watch,   those girls gave it their All.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968