www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I throw predominatly rhfh, I have a problem with overstable discs. The only thing I can get out of them is a BIG hyser curve to the right, I've tried adjusting my release point, arm angle, tried anhyser release, not having any luck getting a nice straight flight. ANY ideas, suggestions, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 250

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only throw forehands with the super-overstable stuff, and its a secondary option to my backhand for lefty- favoring courses--Flick, Speed Demon, Spirit, Raging Inferno, XXX, Xcaliber--my key to flattening it out before it hyzers out is all in my wrist snap--

Try some lighter versions of your overstable stuff--150 firebirds, destroyers, bosses, flicks--another option would be to buy DX or D plastic and beat it up--but in the end, its all going to come down to your wrist snap.
@Jeffery Nugent You haven't wasted any money, but you just have to learn how to throw them. As a RHBH, my Star Destroyer does what I want, but I use it sparingly. My bag is full of understable discs that I use to get nice flips out of. I break out the overstable stuff when I have a hole with a dogleg left where I need a sharper right to left turn.
Depends on what you need the disc to do. Try a Star Valk.
awesome response! Discs have flight ratings for a reason!
I was trying to reply to someones comment and it ended up as a sole comment that makes no sense. Someone suggested you try a lighter disc along this thread and that is what I was describing as an awesome post. Discs have flight ratings that are based off the disc at max weight. So an overstable disc with a turn rating of 1.6 (like the nuke) is a 1.6 turn rating and max weight being thrown by someone with max power. If you do not have the power of the pros then a 175g nuke is really more stable than the 1.6 rating it has. So a lighter version based on your arm speed will actually change the ratings of the disc. Check out innova's website, it explains it really well.
I'm 90% RHFH. I've grooved a very straight drive and also have been getting good results throwing a Tracker with a anhyser so it works on dog leg left holes. For straight drives, nothing works better than a star SL, at least for me. Keep your elbow tucked near your hip, EXCEPT when you put an anhyser on her. Throwing a overstable disc to go left requires your elbow to be a bit higher up. Start by perfecting your "flick", then progress to using your run-up for more distance. Shifting your weight comes next. A bunch of stuff has to be right to get real distance, and even more for your RHFH shot to go straight. Good luck!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968