www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I throw predominatly rhfh, I have a problem with overstable discs. The only thing I can get out of them is a BIG hyser curve to the right, I've tried adjusting my release point, arm angle, tried anhyser release, not having any luck getting a nice straight flight. ANY ideas, suggestions, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only throw forehands with the super-overstable stuff, and its a secondary option to my backhand for lefty- favoring courses--Flick, Speed Demon, Spirit, Raging Inferno, XXX, Xcaliber--my key to flattening it out before it hyzers out is all in my wrist snap--

Try some lighter versions of your overstable stuff--150 firebirds, destroyers, bosses, flicks--another option would be to buy DX or D plastic and beat it up--but in the end, its all going to come down to your wrist snap.
@Jeffery Nugent You haven't wasted any money, but you just have to learn how to throw them. As a RHBH, my Star Destroyer does what I want, but I use it sparingly. My bag is full of understable discs that I use to get nice flips out of. I break out the overstable stuff when I have a hole with a dogleg left where I need a sharper right to left turn.
Depends on what you need the disc to do. Try a Star Valk.
awesome response! Discs have flight ratings for a reason!
I was trying to reply to someones comment and it ended up as a sole comment that makes no sense. Someone suggested you try a lighter disc along this thread and that is what I was describing as an awesome post. Discs have flight ratings that are based off the disc at max weight. So an overstable disc with a turn rating of 1.6 (like the nuke) is a 1.6 turn rating and max weight being thrown by someone with max power. If you do not have the power of the pros then a 175g nuke is really more stable than the 1.6 rating it has. So a lighter version based on your arm speed will actually change the ratings of the disc. Check out innova's website, it explains it really well.
I'm 90% RHFH. I've grooved a very straight drive and also have been getting good results throwing a Tracker with a anhyser so it works on dog leg left holes. For straight drives, nothing works better than a star SL, at least for me. Keep your elbow tucked near your hip, EXCEPT when you put an anhyser on her. Throwing a overstable disc to go left requires your elbow to be a bit higher up. Start by perfecting your "flick", then progress to using your run-up for more distance. Shifting your weight comes next. A bunch of stuff has to be right to get real distance, and even more for your RHFH shot to go straight. Good luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968