www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Come join my group parents with kids that Disc golf. We are trying to start a community for families to find other families that Disc golf.  this is a great opportunity to meet some new people in the disc golf community.

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/parentswithkidsthatdiscgolf

Please come join us i know my 8 year old would love to have another kid his age to play with

Tags: Kids, Parents

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is what i am talking about... glad to have you

ccome on parents lets be more proactive so our kids have people their own age to play with

Come on parents lets make this big so our kids have other kids to play with in the spring

Back in 1998, right before we made Heave H.O.E. with PBS, my professional Frisbee partner Doug Quam and I created a 30 minute Frisbee school assembly program. We choreographed it to 7 songs, for seven unique acts. We did our very first "trial" run for a school in Bozeman MT, and It was the one my two boys were in at the time, and the one Doug had attended when he was a little tyke. Local NBC news caught wind of the event, and came with cameras to do a story.

Below is the news story that resulted, (and we added a trailer for Heave H.O.E. at the very end). A very funny clip in the news story tho, is related to this forum thread, because the little boy who says "I'm not going to play Frisbee".. is guess-who's-son?... Yup, mine

Since this very first school assembly "demo".. Doug and I took a year to retool and polish the School assembly program into a rare gem, which has now gone coast to coast, and continues to do so. We have a standing offer to travel for the full school year starting in the West coast in Fall and ending in the East coast by Spring for over $40k to each of us. However, that is a bit too much for us to commit to with family needs and such at home.

More about my boys and  a couple stories about their development in the world of Flying Disc sports.. later.

I just thought you all might get a kick out of seeing the very first Motodom.com Heave HOE school assembly,  and a son's typical reaction to Father's skills, and the knowledge of where we have taken this. School administrators have come up to us afterwards and exclaimed about the excellent messages, and how they are going to start revving up the disc play and specifically getting started with disc golf! We leave each school with copies of Heave HOE on DVD, and a 10 day PE lesson plan along with enough original Wham-O Frisbees to get started fast.

Here's a pic of what we saw coming out to one do of our more epic school assemblies, the first time we performed in front of a high school of 1000 kids where both sides of the gym were packed like this one side you see below.

how appropriate.... new group picture?

this is awsome would love to know how i can get involved and what it would take to get you into my sons school.  He is in 3rd grade in michigan and i know he would love to see something like this.

You got us thinking about your involvement potential. Let me make a list of the schools in your general area, who requested a Motodom.com Heave H.O.E. school assembly , that we just could not align with on dates in the past, and maybe you (or others through these forums(!) will have some ideas about new schools to fill in the calendar around a certain time you'd like. Schools in the vicinity around your son's school may say yes, and all of a sudden, we are on our way there!

Be right back! ,,,OK. known destinations for 1 school assembly, or a full day....

Troy OH -Best Date unknown.

Toledo OH -Feb, March, May

Naperville IL -end of May - full day

Shepard MI -Best Date unknown.

Dearborn MI -early June

If you want to organize with anyone of these contact about possibly scheduling a week, for 2011 or  2012.. I'll send you these names. If you can tell us a week where about 6-8 schools want the visit, (and we can drive between them), then we will  reserve the dates to their liking.

Heave H.O.E.! (Heaven On Earth)

come on parents lets get involved

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968