www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Come join my group parents with kids that Disc golf. We are trying to start a community for families to find other families that Disc golf.  this is a great opportunity to meet some new people in the disc golf community.

http://discgolfer.ning.com/group/parentswithkidsthatdiscgolf

Please come join us i know my 8 year old would love to have another kid his age to play with

Tags: Kids, Parents

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please join I'm sure Adam would like someone other the me adding content to the group.
Lets go parents sign up so your kids have someone thier own age to play disc golf with
come on people
According to the members’ directory there are 9936 members of this site. I can’t believe you can only find 12 parents. Maybe disc golf is a natural contraceptive.
It would be nice if some parents that have already taught their children to play would join and relate some of their experiences.
Come on parents lets band together
where are all the parents
15 members and counting come on
Lets go parents we want to see more
Adam,
I think you’re recruiting efforts may be hampered by one of two issues:
1. Disc Golf is an activity to get away from the wife and kids, so why get involved in a group that wants parents to teach their kids to play disc golf.
2. There may not be that many disc golfers that are parents. Face it when ball golfers say that “disc golfers lack the balls and shafts to play a real sport” they may not be referring to golf.

Come on parents this is your chance

Do I get extra points for getting my father involved as well. He is a true disc golf addict. Or should I start a group titled "Kids who have parents that disc golf"?

Mike,

Your points are well taken. However, I believe Adam's efforts are to be applauded and should be taken more seriously by more disc golfers.

Lets face it, disc golf has a terrible reputation. We are generally percieved to be a bunch of slacking potheads who throw frisbees in a park for shits and giggles. I understand this does not cover all of us, but this is the public perception of our game.

Adams initiative could help this reputation on a couple different levels:

1) Taking the time and effort to teach our kids to play disc golf the proper way will help raise a new generation of disc golfers who take the game much more seriously than the vast majority of casual disc golfers.

2) Disc golfers who assume the responsibility to teach and grow the sport through their children and families will help to alleviate this issue over time. The key word there is responsibility; that word is generally dormant or non-existent in disc golf circles.

If disc golf remains an activity to get away from the wife and kids we will struggle to grow the game beyond the stereotypes that dominate the public eye.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968