www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

how many of you have seen a par 2 ??? we have a new course here in fort worth at greenbriar and number 9 is called "the island" its a par 2 if you dont make it on to the green then u have a drop zone. just wanting to know yalls input on a par 2. its a good hole very challenging u have a slight incline to trow up toward.

super h

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

never seen a par 2. most posted pars at courses i play are useless, it say par 5 but its a 300ft. open dog leg.

i just play everything par 3, whether it be 150ft or 600 ft., i figure it will all even out.
I play everything as a par 3 as well, but mainly cuz it is easier to keep score w/o paper or something. Regardless of what you make a par to be, it is about having the lowest score.
I'm with Lotto on this one...all par 3. However, in answer to your question...no, I've never seen a par 2.
thats me i have only seen par 3's untill this hole.
Since you didn't include footage, its hard to say. I could see a short upshot and a put being a par 2 but they should all be 3s unless they have some ridiculous footage or diffuculty then they go to 4s or 5s.
ill try and get a pic of it on soon. the hole is around 300ft long and the green is prolly a 30ftx40ft that u have to land in or u have to start at a drop zone, and take a stroke
Sounds like a par 3 hole to me. Tiki golf courses such as the one on private property in Virginia is where you see par 2s with all holes shorter than 150 ft.
Par doesn't matter. Your score verses the other scores in your field does matter.

If you score a three and everyone else scores a two, your score is a bogey. That hole played as a par two no matter what it is listed as.

There are holes that are listed as a par three but if you score a four you will pick up a stroke on the field. That four sounds like a bogey but really it is a birdie.

The value of calling everything a par 3 is that it makes the math easier at the end of the round. Other than that who cares?
Got one here in Universal City. Something like 85-100 feet downhill, with a tree'd path curving left. but it's labeled par 2. only one i've ever seen.
unless it's under 130 feet or so and wide open it's not a par 2.
Mark is right about the final score being the most important part. However, I think it makes Disc Golf look more like Putt-Putt golf if we refer to any hole as par two. I saw a document on the PDGA site recently that stated any hole 200 or less played by a gold level player is considered a par two. I was tought that par should be determined by how many shots it takes a good pro to reach the putting area + two putts. So, in that light the only holes that should be par two would be ten meters or less.
Chas and most others have been mislead since there's no such thing as two putts by pros on our greens like BG. BTW, I'm not supporting par 2s on any course but Tiki golf. The Par 2 on the chart is an indication that a hole is too short for Gold level and would simply be a poorly designed par 3 for that player level.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968