www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recently ventured out to a premier disc course in Eau Claire, WI . I have played there for many years but this was my first time out this year. It is not pay to play but it is pay to park for $3.00. This fee goes to help maintain the 36 hole (in the woods) course.

I found it disgusting that I was the only car in the parking lot. There were at least 25 cars parked along the street (nearly in the ditch) on both sides creating a traffic safety hazard. But most importantly is the image this portrays to the parks and rec dept. and to decent and respectable disc golfers.

Hey, if you can't afford the $3.00 parking fee, then go find a different course or better yet a different sport!

I welcome "pay to play" at some courses, but cheaters / scammers have no place in this sport. The parking lots were provided for everyone's benefit and fees go directly to course maintenance.

By the way, the course was overgrown and in need of maintenance. Gee I wonder why the city can no longer afford to cut the grass.

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wholeheartedly agree.

Not knowing the park's situation, but perhaps "No Parking" signs, with fines and towing, would help. 

Or maybe they should change it from $3 to park to a per-player charge.

Some Disc Golfers are Poor. Some Disc Golfers just want to play for FREE always , no matter what. For myself , I'm very fortunate to be able to play anywhere.

I am a firm believer in Pay-for -Play if it goes towards Course Improvements and Course Maintenance , including empting existing trash cans , mowing the grass , trimming the trees , fixing broken baskets and teesigns, etc.

Otherwise , it takes alot of Volunteer work and even possibly some Local Club Fundraiser Projects , just to maintain the course. Some just want to play and don't want to do anything else or even help out a little bit.

our state parks have an entrance fee and it goes to park upkeep. i dont mind paying it. 

I also have Paid to Play Disc Golf on Ball Golf Courses !  Cost is between $ 3.00- $6.00 per round and some courses , per day !

They are pretty sweet ! I have played on Regulation and Executive versions. Both City and County.

Some Ball Golf courses are Longer than others with some Par 5's and Par 4's. If you have never played Disc Golf on a well manicured Ball Golf Course , with a Sweet Golf Cart , you are missing out on a great time !!!!

It does cost a few dollars more for a Golf Cart , but well worth it on a longer course. Basic cost for a golf cart here in San Diego , CA. is around $ 10.00 each. Some places charge per person and or you can split the cost for two people.

Also nice , when available , is the Beer Cart with snacks that comes around the course.

Usually the Pro Shop or Club House has Meals you can purchase so you don't have to get in your car and drive somewhere between rounds.

Nice to have Cold drinks available on warm days.

Some say we are Spoiled to have this Luxury !!!!

I do miss not being able to play the Emerald Isle's Ball Golf course in Oceanside , CA. and the course near me , Mission Trails Ball Golf Course in San Carlos , CA.

Be very Careful though.

I have had my car broken into several times while I was playing Disc Golf.

Watch where you park and do not leave anything visible to attract thieves.

Some places or parks , you may have to pay $ 10.00 - $ 15.00 for a day pass for parking or entering the park , just to play  a Disc Golf Course for Free. Money for Upkeep has to come from somewhere.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968