The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Should it be free or pay to play.

Read article here

Tags: disc, frisbee, frolf, golf

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simple.

If on public land, free. Our taxes pay for the park.

If on private land, pay. The free market will determine their success.
I live in Metro Detroit,here we have to pay at the County parks, and no cost at the city parks. The cost of the county parks is $2 per round or you can buy a seasonal pass for $50. The money goes toward improvements that otherwise wouldn't happen. These courses play over fields and and require mowing. The cost is worth it i believe. Others don't feel the same, most of those are people who don't play often and can't appreciate what the cost is for. The city parks are taken care of with city dollars and while are well kept are generally not in as good of shape as the pay to play parks.
Jon I also live in metro detroit. The only complaint I have for the metro parks is that the don't shovel the pads but they do plow the paved trails for the walkers that don't have to pay the extra 2 bucks over the park enterence fee.
You rarely EVER hear of walkers defacing signs, painting cement, littering and destroying trees with plastic frisbees.
Pay to Play has it's upsides. It tends to weed out the idiots, most of whom aren't willing to pay for DG. The money goes to improving the course. Of my 3 local courses all are in city parks but one is pay to play . Sylmar is far and away the best of the 3 courses with a pro shop and well maintained fairways and teepads and new basket positions popping up now and again. It's worth the money to dump into it. Sylmar is only 2 bucks a day, play as many rounds as you like.
I wish it was more to pay and play then maybe you wouldn't have to worry about theifes, groups of 20 that leave a beer can every 20 feet, and the worst kids that have nothing better to d othe walk aroud break branches,sign poles, deface park property, brake bottles, and give disc golfers a real bad name. it is because of these people that we can't have nice things. These people don't even care about the sport and ruin it for those that do! I would pay 10$ a round to not have to deal with it.
I would agree with Steve. There is around 50 courses within 50 miles of me. of them I only play 10ish. the rest are great in design but have become a breeding ground of smokers and drinkers that think its just fun to screw off and know that a local group will have to pick up after them. NOT COOL. As I play I pick up after others. They pop up out of no where and interfere with your throw or worse make you feel like your gonna tag someone. Though I thought bout it, thats really not my goal. If there were some pay to play around here I would pay and offer help if the owner needed. I have infact throw with intent at one person. HE was taking a leak on the basket I was throwing on. I miss him though DAMNIT
Need a like button here
The one park in town that charges to play disc golf is the only park in town that does not have dry clear cement tee pads (theirs are still covered in snow on 3/4 courses). 'Nuff said!
I normally shovel the pads but I thought;" oh I'm sure the ams will be clear". I don't mind paying, but when I'm paying an extra $50 more then everyone else I feel my needs should be met.
I also feel the common opionion of ptp being more for the serious player is a lil off. Sure a couple bucks isn't much for all day but when you play everyday a couple bucks adds up.
yeah, a whopping $14 a week...

Pay to play is the way to go...course maintenance needs to be paid for somehow.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968