www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Should it be free or pay to play.

Read article here

Tags: disc, frisbee, frolf, golf

Views: 531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a Michigan golfer and we have both pay to play and free courses. I have no problem paying for a course as long as the course is in top condition. And paying for a course has its upsides. The people that would normally trash a course (break trees because it messed up there line or throw empties into the rough) are less likely to play a course that has a fee. And if they do at least on a paying course there is a ranger to clean it up.

I'm not saying every course should be pay to play but having a couple in the area is nice.
I'd rather pay a few bucks for a well-maintained course. Granted there are many well-maintained free courses.
I like the fact that living in the Metro Detroit area we have a few pay to play courses, making those courses the better ones to play at.
I agree they tend to be a bit less busy during peak hours, and the courses better maintained.
the non-pay to play courses tend to be pretty beat up with lots of trash and graffitti, and the ocassional mob group trashing the place up. (Eg. Cass Benton)
It's only a few bucks to pay and it usually makes for a much more enjoyable round of disc golf.

Altough there is some free courses which are very nice also. (Eg. The Ponds @ Lake Shore)
depends on the location of the course and whos running it, you have to pay for ball gof courses, and if the ciliber of the course is astonishing then ill pay 10 to 15 dollars to play
I agree with much of what has already been posted here. I think it is a great idea, if it keeps the losers out of our hair! We have one already here in NorCal (Lava Creek in Paradise) and I am in discussions with a landowner who is interested in having one on his ranch outside of Willows. I hope he goes for it, because it would be a great addition to the disc golf scene around here.
Both.
The comments here reflect why...
Scum Bags, Thieves, and Drunks will never pay to play.
I would gladly pay to play if that was an option. Around here, there is only one course within 30 miles of me, and that is a private course that can't be played anytime I would like, and the next nearest is 70 miles away.
...facebook, ....fail
Second that motion. I like to bring my little guy (three) out with me and my group all the time. We have trouble with local cops saying that our beer and other trash is the found all over the ground, surely it's not true. Even my son of 3 has repect and gives me his trash when he can not find a trash can to put his things in. Most places have trash cans at every other tee box but, still broken bottles, fast food crap and other empties are everywhere; even next to the cans themself. We are there to throw something into a basket for fun and sport but some cant get it to do the same with there rubbish. + I hate it when people break off branches or worse CUT \ STOMP down trees that may cause them to take one more stroke.
I think both are needed. I'm in Lincoln, NE and we don't have any pay to play courses in the state. The closest thing we have to ptp is Treasure Cove in Council Bluff's, IA and even then they only ask for a $2 donation. There will always be the rec type players who are more concerned about smoking with friends than actually playing the game (not that every rec player does this), like many have said they will never pay to play DG. But it would be nice to have a bit nicer course that catered toward the people who are trying to prepare for tournaments and what not. I'd be willing to pay for that.
Up in northern Vermont they are installing a new course on private land and to offset the cost of the course installation, they are charging a fee for the first year. Checkout GMDGC.org

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968