www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

PDGA Quietly Passes the 50000 Member Mark

...sometime ago they took down the feature to view recent member list which also showed the latest members. They made no mention and I suppose no one noticed or cared. They did still allow you to search though.

Between last night and today we have a 50000th member...CONGRATULATIONS.

I kinda hoped they make some fanfare and who knows maybe they will. The current rate of signup has to be the fastest they have ever experienced (over 75 members in 24 hours/500 + in about a month) from All over the world.

Way to go Disc Golfers of the world and PDGA. Add your thoughts on the topic below...

Tags: 50000, PDGA, mark, member, members

Views: 737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#48449, I've been playing for years but I'd never entered a sanctioned tournament until this past June. I wanted to see what kind of Rating I'd get. I'm glad to see 50k so soon after I joined, wonder how long it will be to 100k?
I never joined. I never saw the need to. I was never going pro and didn't play enough tourneys to accumulate points. I kind of wish I had though. I would have joined in 86 which would have probably given me a number around 5000.
I joined in 87 and my number is 3594. Still active though I haven't played in a PDGA event in years.

Well,one could say I started throwing in an unofficial way in 1976 @ the original Bayshore Park in Va.Beach,Va with my Wham-O frisbee.Earlier object/target since '60's.Working supermarket meat retail never let one have off on weekends.

Rutgers University,NJ area saw much action with various frisbee play.

Still in the retail meat buisness and weekends off are prime,just recently have been able to score saturdays off ;>}

So,if I had joined back in early days,number would/could of been around 2000 mark or lower,just not quite legend status.Still that option though.

Just a legend in my mind;>}

If had signed up when I discovered the sport in 1979, I could have got a 4 digit number.....

If had of signed up when I started playing weekly tournaments back in 2000 I could have got a number in the 15,000's

I didn't sign up until 2005 and got #26175.

Six years later and 24,000 more members. A 4000 player per year average is a good thing to see........

Guess it would of been legend # then,hmm

There might be some skewing of it tho.  I understand some fools are actually registering their dogs...

I finally got mine (currently a supporting membership), mostly to secure my number. I admit I was shooting for a number just before or after the 50k mark, since it was so close. So I guess that is what I got...

50040!

YEah!

#48073 here. I am STOKED to hear of the growth and Hope it keeps up.
Wish I would have joined when I started playing back in '92 at the ripe old age of 9.  I wonder what number I would have gotten.

March of 1991 got me 6002

Cool !!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968