www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

PDGA Quietly Passes the 50000 Member Mark

...sometime ago they took down the feature to view recent member list which also showed the latest members. They made no mention and I suppose no one noticed or cared. They did still allow you to search though.

Between last night and today we have a 50000th member...CONGRATULATIONS.

I kinda hoped they make some fanfare and who knows maybe they will. The current rate of signup has to be the fastest they have ever experienced (over 75 members in 24 hours/500 + in about a month) from All over the world.

Way to go Disc Golfers of the world and PDGA. Add your thoughts on the topic below...

Tags: 50000, PDGA, mark, member, members

Views: 816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any one on here below the number of 1000?   And still playing?

...just paid to join the PDGA as an Amateur...which clearly I am...but excited to continue supporting this sport which has become my new love and addiction...and looking forward to entering some tourneys in 2012...but, think it is important to support this sport in anyway that I can financially. 

So, in addition to joining PDGA, buying discs, bags, accessories, and introducing every friend I have to the sport, what else can we do to grow this sport to the level it deserves?

March of 1991 got me 6002

just think:

how many pencils they can give away if everyone was an active member!?

# 554 here. Still playing, started 38 years ago. Can not play as much as I would like, cannot drive all to far, but still love the aproach shots, and the turbo putting. The game is fun and it should be in all school systems. Give the kids something fun to do outside. Not many make the varsity team. Instead of being the fan they can excelled in discgolf.

I recently joined - #51176. So glad to be playing this sport and meeting all the amazing people I am meeting. And, am hoping my support of PDGA will help the sport continue to grow. 

You folks do realize there are over 300 million people in this country right?

You do realize according to wiki the PGA only has 28,000 members or so...just sayin

The PGA is an elite group, with lots of what?

I don't hear you, what's that you say....

MONEY, Sponsors, Television, Products being manufactured all the time......

more, and more.

The PDGA is only a start.... we are not that cool until there are numbers participating.

When you go to the PDGA website, see how many are active members....

Not enough.

Don't have all the answers, but it takes numbers.

funk...apples and oranges...ANYONE can sign up for the PDGA...have to pass written and playing tests to be a card carrying member of the PGA.

#2097. Joined in 1983 or around there. Played a lot of tourneys in the '80's but hung up the discs for a long time, save for the occasional round now and then. Got the bug again last year and now play a few times a week. Going to renew my PDGA membership this week and start plaing in tourneys again in the over 50 division. 

I did not know that. I was only using the first reference I could to demonstrate that other pro sports also only have crumbs in the ranks compared to 300 mil.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968