www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

PDGA Quietly Passes the 50000 Member Mark

...sometime ago they took down the feature to view recent member list which also showed the latest members. They made no mention and I suppose no one noticed or cared. They did still allow you to search though.

Between last night and today we have a 50000th member...CONGRATULATIONS.

I kinda hoped they make some fanfare and who knows maybe they will. The current rate of signup has to be the fastest they have ever experienced (over 75 members in 24 hours/500 + in about a month) from All over the world.

Way to go Disc Golfers of the world and PDGA. Add your thoughts on the topic below...

Tags: 50000, PDGA, mark, member, members

Views: 816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree.  50000 members is a strong number.

My number is 46496. 

And I had joined at the beginning of 2011 after I played in the "Orlando Open 2010"

I wonder, Who has the lowest number and is still an active member of the PDGA ???

Awesome.  I've been waiting for this to happen.  Now if we could just double that in the next 5 - 10 years.

Dan "Stork" Roddick PDGA #003 in Pasadena, CA is consultant to the PDGA Board. "Serious" Steve Matul in Chicago is PDGA #008. I think Victor Malafronte is PDGA #002 but has not been active for a long time.

Thank you sir for that tidbit of information.

I wasn't expecting that low of a number, so

I am surprised.

50K? Woohoo! The PDGA should make a big announcement, or throw a party or something...
I believe 50000 is a 4-year old whose Dad reserved the number when you could still do that up to 4 years ago.
#47,567 here, I signed up in Spring of 2011. I plan on staying active for many, many years.
#4949 in 1989 and still here.
Stancil Johnson played worlds in Sr Legends PDGA #9

12184 in '94 or something around there.  Back then it seemed like Ann Arbor ONLY ran sanctioned events, so it was imperative that you join as soon as you decided to play a tourney.  Not current this year, though, regrettably...I don't travel anymore and all I do is help run the sanctioned events in town these days, not to mention the club events.  Once I turn 40 though... 

BTW, Chuck, sorry about my little curse on the video that you used from STL for the Sunday Noon broadcast.  Oops!  Horrible luck that you guys ran into it while jumping around.  Nikko did park a 460 foot (last 160 feet low ceiling to tunnel finish) twice in a row though...truly epic!

I told Duesler he might want to mute the sound track since I heard some of it before it ran but maybe he figured it wouldn't be heard that well.
I almost overlayed a soundtrack for the whole thing, but it was 2AM already.  At least it was well enunciated.  I've known JD since serving on the Sedgely Woods B.O.D. back in the day, so he unfortunately probably trusted my tongue a bit too much.  My bad

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968