www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Here's how they are calulated as I understand it:

1) rated rounds within 1 year are eligible and averaged
2) 4 most recent rated rounds count double
3) rounds that are more than 2 standard deviations away from the average are not used

Do these seem right? I don't know if I remember all the numbers in the rules correctly.

Tags: pdga, rating

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sorry to bother you guys... what is the "standard deviation"? I still don't understand that.
Standard deviation is a mathematical measurement that identifies how concentrated or how widespread your range of round ratings would be. If you have five rounds with ratings of 800, 850, 900, 950 and 1000, you would have a very large standard deviation of 79 indicating you were inconsistent. However, if you have ratings of 880, 890, 900, 910 and 920, you are a very consistent player with a low standard deviation of 16. Standard deviation is a function built into Excel and you can calculate it by entering your round ratings. Whatever your standard deviation, 2/3 of your rounds will fall within one standard deviation on either side of your rating unless you are a fast improving player.
Thanks for the Update !!!!
wow..thanks

Chuck Kennedy said:
Standard deviation is a mathematical measurement that identifies how concentrated or how widespread your range of round ratings would be. If you have five rounds with ratings of 800, 850, 900, 950 and 1000, you would have a very large standard deviation of 79 indicating you were inconsistent. However, if you have ratings of 880, 890, 900, 910 and 920, you are a very consistent player with a low standard deviation of 16. Standard deviation is a function built into Excel and you can calculate it by entering your round ratings. Whatever your standard deviation, 2/3 of your rounds will fall within one standard deviation on either side of your rating unless you are a fast improving player.
Will I get a rating after my first tournament or will I have to play eight. If so, is it possible for me to submit results of sanctioned tournaments I played in before I was a PDGA member? Thanks in advance.
Even if you have only one round by the next ratings update, you will get a rating. We give new members a grace period to include events up to a month before they join. Contact the PDGA office: tourmgr@pdga.com if you have events in that time frame where the TD did not have your new PDGA number.
Chuck spittin out the stats like it's his JOB!
If I could only get paid for this part. ;-)
Thanks for all the replies (especially Chuck), seems I'm not the only one interested in the calculation and rules that are used.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968