www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So PDGA updated their ratings today, and it does not have the tournament I did on April 25th.  What was the last date that was added, and when is the next one?  

Why don't they just update the scores every day after the tournament?

I ask because I've played two Am 3 tournaments the first one I was rated 894 (my rating says 895 though?) and for the other one on the 25th of April was 909.  I want to make sure I do not play in the wrong davision at the next tournament.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know why TD's can't take the twenty minutes to put scores online. Sorry but that's kinda the job. Shoot, I'll do it for you.
Deadline for submitting official TD reports to the PDGA was April 20th to be included the May 4th ratings update.

Ratings are now updated at least 8 times per year. Additional minor updates may be added when special corrections or adjustments are needed.

For 2010, ratings are scheduled to be updated on March 23rd, May 4th, June 22nd, July 20th, August 31st, October 19th, and December 14th with the 2010 yearend update on January 25th, 2011.

You can find all this information at the FAQ's at PDGA: http://www.pdga.com/faq

Ratings are "Unofficial" until the actual TD report has been submitted to the PDGA and processed. Posting scores on line is different from submitting the actual TD report.
Why don't they make it where it updates once the scores are entered for PDGA instead of only 8 times a year?
(not complaining, just wondering)
I think it is because all ratings that are submitted are reviewed by the PDGA at some point. Check out this webpage at the PDGA and all will revealed:

http://www.pdga.com/faq/278#278n746

You will see ratings immediately once the scores are posted, but those rating are unofficial and sometimes those ratings are off a bit due to...well...due to error (I think) on the TDs part.

Someone correct me if I am wrong...
Ya my one tournament that was posted showed my score as 894 but the official score says 895. Is that because of error?
your score may have been 894.5 and they would then round up.

Also the current PDGA rating template doesn't take into account for multiple rounds so each round is scored individually by the template, but the PDGA adjusts for all rounds from the same tee pad on the same day / tournament if it is 2 days.

So if you shot a 54 , 52, 54, and 60 and both 54s were from the same teepads the unofficial ratings may be like 863 , 890, 856, 835 but corrected the ratings might look like 860 , 900 , 860 , 840 taking into account ALL players playing the same teepads to the same baskets for the tournament.
Thank you... That was probably the best explanation I've heard.
I had the same question as well, thanks for the description. I had two rounds at my first tournament that were rated 851, but my rating on PDGA is 852.
Don't worry dude. The ratings had to be in by April 22nd. IF your TD didn't (and he obviously couldn't) get the results in to the PDGA by the 22nd then the ratings will be on the next update. On the main page of PDGA.com on the right side there is a box that always has the dates of the most recent update and the next ratings udate. Patience is a key component of dealing with the PDGA. Also do some reading on your ratings. Since you are a PDGA member you should read as many documents as possible as are given access to you. Primarily your rules book and the competition manual.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968