www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

http://www.pdga.com/your-league-now-pdga-ratings

Is this just a money grab by the PDGA, or is it a way to get players who don't play many events a better rating?

Will the league ratings be separated from tournament ratings?

I think its a great idea--but there will be a whole lot more 1000 rated players amongst us if players get to count every league round played at their home courses in their ratings.

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everyone pays the $1. You only pay it each week you attend unless for some reason the league is one of the rare "pay in advance" leagues. Remember there's no added nonmember fee like tournaments and cumulative fees are less than what either member or nonmembers pay at events with equivalent number of rounds. And half the fee goes to the TD not the PDGA. The PDGA will be tracking the performance of nonmembers who can later see their results online once they join or 10 years down the road if they wait until then. Your playing history in sanctioned play is saved in the PDGA archives whether you ever join or not.

Well said, wait...Alabama?  When you headed way South?

Yep, I'll be there late February, so a little over a month.

My local club, NUDGA the Northern Utah Disc Golf Association, is over 200 members strong, but maybe only 15-20 are current PDGA members.  This idea could really boost the PDGA membership in my area. We hold 3-4 PDGA sanctioned events each year. We are growing every year. We are improving and installing new courses. I can only think of positive ways that sanctioned leagues will effect disc golf in my area.

-more respect for the rules and professional disc golf, more participation, more PDGA membership. 

I am also excited to have the opportunity to represent my club or city in competition.  Overall, this idea is for the ams, and most of us are still just ams.

Could the ratings be used to keep non PDGA members from sandbagging and playing in lower divisions than where they should be?

They are used that way. The ratings for players in a region who have gotten a PDGA number but haven't joined yet or are not current are also sent to the TDs prior to events to help them catch potential baggers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968