www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The first release is finally in the Apple app store. Use search term "sports disc golf." Scroll down and it's one of the apps listed.  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disc-...ga/id449511724

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The max is a 52 hole(!) course. It will handle whatever is listed in the PDGA course directory and produce round ratings for those courses. You can enter custom courses such as unlisted private ones or new ones not in the directory yet although round ratings for them will not be calculated in this early version.
Great, thanks Chuck, I will give it a try.

at twilight, you'd probably be better off with two groups of 3 for ball golf. much faster pace of play. #jussayin

same with disc golf.

i don't care about big groups on the disc golf course. that's always been part of the game, and as long as people are conscious of their largeness, then it can be manageable.

if i see 5-6 people in a group at the ball golf course, i'm telling them to take a hike; however, if no one's out there and you're taking your time on a twilight round, no problem with more than the standard 4.

the same can be said about disc golf. if the course is wide open, have a group of 30. if you're keeping score for a rated round, you're probably taking plenty of time to analyze every shot and making sure you're not distracting anyone else while they're shooting, so a group of more than 4 is too much. heck, i was out behind a group of 3 (obviously a serious round, or at least i hope it was, because it was a sight-to-be-seen) today that held up 7 groups in 5 holes. they let a couple groups pass on a hole, and held up my group and the other 10 behind us that stacked up over the next 7 holes. we left after that.

relating back to the functionality of this app and the point: if you're keeping score for a rated round or keeping score at all, you're probably good and focused, which takes time. there's nothing wrong with that, but a group of more than 6 would be crazy. more than 4 is too much. this app should be fine, and if it's not, you should probably put your phone away and be respectful of the congested holes behind you.

It works very nice compared to other apps out there. I would like to see the ability to post rounds with ratings to social media sites.

You could always take a screen shot and do it that way.

Just used the app to log a 970 rated -8 @ Morley. Easiest scorecard app I've ever used, and shotgun start friendly. I only drove with my brand new River and putted with my brand new SS Voodoo.

Thanks Chuck!

It has the option to email your round when finished.

rate it out of a 100......

Compared to the 3 other apps I've used,95 with the others being in the 20s or 30s. The shotgun start capability is very important to me since I always start Kit Carson on hole 6 and no other app was compatible with that desire. As Netflix infamously said, the price is about the same as a latte. Just not an Idiocracy latte.

When you tap the players name, 3 is the default score and all you need to do to change it is tap + or - for bogey or birdie or just tap next for par. I played alone so I didn't get to take advantage of the automatic order feature.

It is well worth the price, this has got to be one of the easiest, and feature packed scoring apps out there.
Latest upgrade V1.03 available for downloading from App store. Long course names handled better and ratings for courses with other than 18 holes now calculated more accurately.

Is teh upgrade free?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968