www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am getting ready to join pdga so I can get in some local tournaments.I was wondering average entry fee.

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Depends on what division,i play advanced and average about 30 to 40 bucs.

Also, don't forget that the membership is for a calendar year and if you sign up after October 1st they will extend your membership until the following year.

Moral of the story...... wait till after October 1st to sign up. :)

Also depends on tier.....c-tier for am's is $30-$40, b-tier for am's $40-$60, never played in an A-tier but I'm guessing it's more...

Just remember........

No matter the entrance fee, you'll be saving $10.00 each time by being a PDGA member.

So if you play at least what five tournys, you'll recope your money for joining the PDGA.

Christian I sent my form in this past weekend.So I did make that date.Great idea!I wasn't even thinking about that.I will be a new member so i guess I would start as a c tier or what is the recreational group?

Micheal,

Tier (A,B,C) is how many days a tourny is.  When you get your packet from the PDGA, you'll get information regarding play, rules, divisions etc.

Ok thank you.

Tier is NOT how many days a tournament is.   Around here most events are 2 days, regardless of tier.

For Michael, you can start in A, B, or C tier.  There's not a lot of difference between "B" and "C", though Bs often have more players, and sometimes slightly higher entry fees.  B-tiers are required to have a $10 players pack, and a slightly higher Am payout ($500 higher pro payout).  Bs often have a larger number of players than Cs, but not always.   By and large, all 3 tiers have divisions for players of different skills, including the "lower" divisions which may be a good place to start.

I apologize.  According to the PDGA site, "C" and "B" tiers can be one or two days.

The tournys that I have played were....

"C" tier, one day, two rounds of play.

"B" tier, two days, a total of four rounds of play (two a day).

Have not played an "A" tier.

i am gonna do a B Tier event that is 3 days is that odd?

3 day tournaments are unusual, regardless of tier.

I will expand on the previous tier post that 1-day tournaments are always C-tier.  1-days tend to have lower entry fees and be smaller events; a TD is unlikely to pony up the extra expense to make it a B-tier.  There are, of course, exceptions.

2-day tournaments may be C-tier or B-tier.  It's up to the TD.  It costs more to sanction and add cash to payouts, so it's a matter of whether he thinks the tournament will have enough attendance, and be worth bumping up to B-tier.  (Of course, bumping to B-tier increases attendance; a chicken/egg situation).

There are C-tiers that look just like B-tiers (full fields, players packs, etc.), and B-tiers with low attendance, but they are the exceptions.

LATE EDIT:  "....1 day tournaments are ALMOST always C-tier...."   Trying to type too fast, as evidenced by the sentence that followed and contradicted the "always" with "there are....exceptions". 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968