www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does any know who designed the "perfect putt 360" game and scoresheets?

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to say it was a colab of some Pro's and Flying Disc Magazine. Don't quote me on that...

Love this game... great practice! I am running a tourny next month and am going to do a $3 for 1 round or 2 rounds for $5 game of Perfect Putt 180 (50 putts rather than 100, make it move a little faster). Highest score takes the $.

Thanks for the reply Rix. 

360 is a great for practice and a solid program.  For my purposes I needed something that could be completed in about 15 minutes and even using the half game took a little longer than what I needed. 

So I designed a similar program that uses 36 putts vs 100 and accomplishes the same objective.  My main goal was to build a program that could be used for individual practice, warm-up, during summer clinics, and competitively as a side game at tournaments.

You can check it out here and let me know what you think: 

http://www.discgolfbasketstore.com/pages/1025-Game.html

I would to know if there is anything that you would add or remove from the game.

that is so funny somebody with my name on the site, lol.

Go Bill

Looks fun... I'll check it out and give you some feedback. Thanks!
How is this played and where are scoresheets?  Thanks.

Don't mean to be an ass, but it's the exact same game with a different point structure.  It is like you if you were to change the NBA, shorten the quarters to 8 minutes, change the points,( freethrow 2 points, field goal 4 points, three pointer now 8 points).  Same rules, shorter game, higher point totals.

Why not just play 1 round of 360, but with double the point values on your putts, bonuses stay the same, and it would still be p.p.360.  Just my lousy two cents worth.

Kent, thanks for throwing in your two cents.

The reason I created the game was simply because I need a quicker drill to use with an after school program (ideally 5-10 minutes tops).  PP360 requires 100 putts.  Even using just one round (50 putts) is a bit longer than what I needed. 1025 cuts this down to 36 putts, which fit my needs perfectly (no pun intended).  It is also pretty simple math (using only 5s and 10s) which helps.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968