www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A few weeks back I started a discussion about a game that involves throwing plastic bottle caps to land on picnic tables at your local park. But if you have sufficient spacing between tables, there is no reason you couldn't use your regular discs! Just the other day I found a new park where the layout of the picnic tables was such that it very much resembled a disc golf course. I think these alternative courses could be the perfect solution for areas with few regular disc courses.

Here's the original discussion:

http://discgolfer.ning.com/forum/topics/bottlecapmini-frolfever-pla...

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It occurs to me that in playing picnic table golf or object golf, you will have more obstacles due to the fact that you are not playing a regular course. But this is not necessarily a bad thing and can add to the challenge of it. I very often find trees directly in the line of play, but this has taught me how to better work my disc from left to right or right to left. When using bottle caps, there the trick is to use the wind! Do other people love the challenge of obstacles that comes with object golf?
Kudos for your imagination. We have an awesome park out her that is screaming for a course. I've tried to play a round or two of object golf, but It never cought my fancy/imagination. So I'm some what envious or your passion/imagination (most likely the latter since I've mentioned it several times ;)
I don't know about having such a good imagination, but this just seems fun to me! And also since there will most likely never be as many regular disc golf courses as we would want, it's a way of creating new courses and the possibilities are endless!
One could always throw their minis for added challenge
I actually didn't know there were such things as minis when I came up with the original game with bottle caps, lol. The nice thing about using bottle caps is that they're plentiful and free!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968