www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

New disc golf side game I just came up with..anyone else ever played?

Rules: 4-somes (good size) of similar skill level players only.

CTP (Closest to the pin) person gets to KEEP the furthest away player's disc they used on the drive for that hole.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dig it. Once I have enough plastic so I can afford to lose some ( and I will :( ), I'm in...
you should also play if anyone aces the hole, he/she keeps all the the discs.
i would go home with no discs!!
We used to play a whole round for a disc of your choice.
Good idea
Having created numerous games, including abject failures, this particular game would not attract me.

As I packed my bag before the game, knowing I might lose several drivers or more, I would play with stuff I didn't care about and would never use during a tournament. A game should prepare you for some skill which will help you become a better player. What tournament am I going to play in where I throw drivers I don't prefer?

I'm not opposed to wagering including discs but I would not risk my favorite drivers. If I lost money, that can be replaced. My favorite drivers are too dear to risk.

Since players have very different preferences in discs, any disc I might win probably wouldn't be useful to me.

I have played the same CTP game in rounds where the farthest pays a buck to the closest. That was fun.
The version of this I've seen that I like is played one on one and each player starts with 5 discs. You don't get to keep the discs for real but you take them for the round and you have to win the hole to take a disc. Then you play til one person has all the discs. It's not played to win discs just to deny them to your opponent for the round.
That game sounds like it could be real fun, especially if you had a group of players who were real competitive together. The only problem is the only discs that I am willing to lose are the discs that I never throw so I can't throw them as far, but I still think it is an awesome idea.
Guys that race for pink slips don't race with shobby cars...they would lose every time. No...they fix up their cars so that they are the best and they can win the cars of their opponents. Sure, it takes balls and maybe some insanity, but the idea isn't to use what you don't like in fear of losing. The idea is to use what you're best with so that you will be confident you will win. Not saying I totally agree with the original game...just something to think about. I, too, like the idea of playing for money instead of discs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968