www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On New Years Day, I took my wife and daughter on a little day trip outside of Orlando to Lake Wales, FL to see the historic Bok Tower Gardens.   The place was absolutely gorgeous.  The gardens are top notch and the entire property is elevated on a hill.  In fact, Lake Wales in general is nothing but hills.  The property is riddled with little ponds tucked away in perfectly maintained gardens..  majestic oaks, fairways of all flavors, wooded, open and elevation galore (for Florida at least).    

The ENTIRE time I was there I kept spotting the perfect basket locations and tee spots.  I would joke with my wife around every corner that I wanted to go back to my car and grab my discs.   Finally she got annoyed and asked me, "is that ALL you think about!?"  and I simply shrugged my shoulders and sighed, "well, in a place like this?  how can I think of anything else?"  lol

I know it would probably never happen in a million years, but Bok Tower Gardens could host one of the neatest DG courses in Florida if allowed; hence the idea for this discussion.

I know I'm not alone here.   How many of you have gone to a place that would likely never install a course but you can't help but daydream about teeing off and hearing chains the entire time you are there? 

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Medford Or. been working on it for three years.
Breckenridge Park in Richardson, TX would be a great place for a disc golf course. It has perfect land, vegetation and water on the "wild side" of the creek.

Ok here is the total fantasy location for a disc golf course!

Set a course up between ships and on the piers of theUS Navel Ship Yards in Norfolk, VA.  The not only would this course include incredible water hazards, but also gun turrets, radar antennas, missile launchers, and aircraft.

Imagine teeing up from the observation deck on the island of an aircraft carrier with the pole hole on the aft deck between two parked F-18’s.  Then second hole can be a long par 4 with the disc-catcher at the other end of the pier.  Follow that with a short par 3 to the deck of a destroyer.

Of course trying to due this on the sly would be as advisable as setting up a disc golf course at a skeet shooting range.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968