www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I recognize that we are all plastic geeks here but how many of you find discussions of how well this or that disc will help your game some what misguided? Climo is a x-time world champ, but do you really believe its due to his disc selection? Cale can turn over a predator like no ones business, but that doesn't mean I can! These guys could beat me throwing 15 year old plastic and garbage can lids.

Nothing makes a disc fly better than the skill you put into it, whatever it be. And considering how much power you can use in a shot dictates its stability I also find general statements like "this is the best turn over disc" terribly misguided as well. Whats your take?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree that some people put too much into there discs rather then there own personal skill, but at the same time when I pick up a new disc and throw it in the same fashion as a similar disc (ie 2 different over stable drivers) there is a difference.

At the same time though just because I watch someone throw say a Nuke 450+ does not mean that I'm going to get the same results. Same goes for "turn over disc" or any other throw.

A disc will help but you still need your own arm to make the toss

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968