www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am new to dgolf (8/09) and new to this site so if this old info, sorry in advance.

I bought a Innova Starter bag in aug 09 and it was tearing and developing holes in less than 10 rounds.

I bought a can of Plasti-Dip from Lowes and painted it on the bottom of the bag.  For the uninitiated, PD is a rubber-like coating (think of the blue coating on your channel lock handles).  It is tough: kinda like a mixture of Chuck Norris' callouses and asphalt.

Anyhow, 3 good things happened:  no new holes developed, existing holes were sealed, bag bottom is completely waterproofed.

Added Bonus:  It cleans up way easier than the fabric bottom.

I think this is good info for anyone who plays at rocky/muddy/wet courses (even those with tougher/heavier denier bags)

***I edited this on my phone and the whole thing went bye-bye so this is rewritten...same gist tho

Views: 373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can you post a pic of what it looks like so we can get an idea of what we would be getting ourselves into?
Thanks!
Awesome idea, I'll have to try it!
___Tab

Maybe not the best pic. Hope this helps.
I painted it on with a foam brush in august or early sept. It has been through some heavy abuse and hasn't flaked, peeled or really worn much as far as I can tell. If you look close enough you can see the mud film from Sunday morning's dawn patrol mission. The blue box on the left is a home made addition/not standard (I have had plenty of time for hare-brained disc golf schemes while the economy tanked)
Hey there, Rescue
Anything to report?
Well, I kind of wussed out lol! So I tried it on my daughters bag (Innova Starter bag) I found the "create your own color" kit ( Ace Hardware). It looks really cool. Her bag is red, but we mixed the red and white into the clear. So now she has a pink bottom. I tried to tape around the bottom for a clean line, but it still bled through. My biggest concern was the edges, but they haven't peeled yet. So, so far so good. I figure if it still looks good after a month. I'll put it on my bag. Heck with the color kit. I was even thinking of steciling stuff on the bag. My daughter wanted to try it, but I told her we should wait till we see how the bottom holds up.
Peace!
I have a similiar idea ,I am gonna stuff my bags pockets with wadded paper and dip the lower 3 inches in truck bed liner ,it comes in a can and is very similiar to what phenix bags have on them .the wadded paper keeps the pockets extended while the dip drys ,i believe rhino armour can be bought just about anywhere.I'm doing my bag in a couple weeks,will take photos of how it comes out.
Got any pix rescue? I didn't get much bleed at all with the black...it was really thick.
Nope, Heck I'm such a computer dummy. I've tried to download/transfer photo's and music, but it never works! Heck, my girlfriend bought me one of those MP3/sunglass rigs. I gave up trying to download (so did she) after an hour or two. I'm just not tech savy.
I'll be double dipped

Coated new (ish) Fade Tourney bag 2day as shown here:

BTW: Fade Bag ROOOOLS! for the $
BTW

It took a little over 1/3 of a can to do the bag with a fairly thick coat (so about $2.75 worth)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968