www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Today, at Barfield Crescent, I birdied the first three holes. I player joined the game and my game changed drastically. I proceeded to bogey then double bogey. I manage a few hard pars then he left after hole 9. My game miraculously recovered the rest of the round. I have heard other players say that they will not let a player join mid round. I presumed it was for a reason similar to this. Any thoughts?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

mothergoose said:
i learned golf at zboaz and it is always packed (always people joining or leaving) so i have never thought this through. seems like the norm to me. maybe this contributes to the above my head tourny scores?
Same with me at Richmond Hill. The number of players (friends) grows & shrinks during the round. It is all good!
most people that join a group i'm in is an invited friend. on the rare occasion a stranger walks up i throw smart shots instead of runners, gap shots, stupid s**t so it can help my score. i hate to be misjudged in a casual round by a stranger, so i try less for an ace and more for consistency.
I could care less if it is a casual round because I use those rounds as practice most often. It is annoying if it happens during a sanctioned tournament and you are still waiting on another person when the two minute warning is announced, yelled, etc. and when they show up you have to stroke them for each hole missed.
I don't see a difference when someone comes in mid way. I see a difference when our wives join with our normal group. Not the ladies fault, it results from lack of concentration on our part. I play for "real' when it's just the guys and play for fun when the wives join the group.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968