www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Check out the live coverage the 2010 Player's Cup--free thanks to Vibram, et al.

http://www.livestream.com/vibramdg

Plus, our boys from Mighty MO--George Smith and Nikko Locastro--are representing for real.  Go team Gateway!

Tags: Cup, George, Locastro, Nikko, President's, Smith, coverage, live

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The final four....

Bradley Williams vs. Schusterick

Nikko vs. Double G

GG all the way!!!!
And then there was 1..GG for the win!
the young bucks have stepped up ...... good for the game for sure
Nikko won ... good for him

the one thing i did notice was the lack of camadreship you may see in ball golf or tennis tournaments. When opponents finished the match, when the winners were interviewed (and there weren't many of those interviews ) all the players seemed to talk about was themselves and not about what a good match it was and I didn't hear any of the winners say " gee, it was a battle back and forth and or gee, I think I got a litte lucky with a few of my shots and just hung in there to forge a win. " Maybe it's just the age of the young players and not being used to being in the spotlight but graciousness towards an opponent and supportive of the match is what makes people want to tune in ( I mean even the William sisters can sometimes do it in tennis ) and support tennis and or ball golf. We need to remember it's just recreation and to gain acceptance by the masses, it better be friendly. I thot GG was the best dressed on the course and handled himself well.
It was an all Gateway final! Represent!
Yeah, congrats to Nikko! I'm glad it all worked out for him; he played great and conducted himself well. He was also my pick from the start, but couldn't make up for the many mistakes on my bracket--congrats too to all who won prizes for their bracket picks. I also have to give one more shout out to the rest of the Gateway crew for representing so well. I think this tournament was conducted with much honor throughout, although I agree with Dino that it didn't come across as well in the video as it could have. If coverage of our great sport keeps growing as it has been recently, I expect we'll see vast improvements in media skills as well--by players, commentators, and producers alike.

I can't wait until our next fix of live coverage, which isn't until the Memorial in March. I guess that's just one less thing standing in my way of practicing over the winter. Oh, the joy of four seasons...
Welcome back to Florida Players Cup.Tip of my disc visor to all involved,nice job.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968