www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does it bother u when others play music while u shoot? I for one think it helps u to tune all noises out making u a better player. Others dont like it at all...What about you???

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i think it would be relaxing.
During casual play or league rounds, music played aloud doesn't bother me. If you want music during tournament play, bring your iPod and put your earbuds in.
I prefer NOT to listen to music on the course. HOWEVER....For rec rounds- I don't mind somebody rolling with the iPod and speakers. In fact, I LOVE it when my buddy starts playing Baby Come Back when someone in our group puts a drive half-way down the side of a ski hill because they misjudged the wind or put too much hyzer on the disc. Haha- I always know it's coming, and it makes me laugh every time!

On occasion, when I'm playing a tournament and I'm in a group (or person) I really can't stand for some reason or another, I will break out the iPod and put the headphones in. For example, one of my rounds at worlds I was on a card with someone that was just super obnoxious- they were ALWAYS asking if it was their turn after every shot because they weren't paying attention, asking us to mark our discs in front of hers because they were distracting her (which we didn't do), and on and on. I was getting so frustrated the only way I could deal with it was with the iPod. BEFORE I got it out though, I asked the 2 other group members if they had any problems with me using it. They laughed and said "We totally understand. Please do try to keep your sanity, because we have already lost it." I have started to play Intermediate Men's so that I'm challeneged more (not really any pro women out here), and I use the headphones a lot in those tournaments. I can't stand negativity. It's why I quit college soccer (cuz I was hard on myself and very negative), and I won't let it get to me in disc golf. I have to block it out somehow, Although I'd rather hear the sounds of nature, sometimes I have to find a way to stay sane!
I don't mind music playing if it's a reasonable volume and there's no commercials.Nothing worse then commercials playing and hearing some schmo repeating phone numbers six times or telling you what you need to be doing or buying. Other than that, music is cool with me.
Well .............it is a distraction when the guy listening to the Ipod is singing and dancing around you while your on the teepad !!!!!
HEAD ON ---APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE HEAD---HEAD ON , I see what u mean.....thanx.

Curtis Minton said:
I don't mind music playing if it's a reasonable volume and there's no commercials.Nothing worse then commercials playing and hearing some schmo repeating phone numbers six times or telling you what you need to be doing or buying. Other than that, music is cool with me.
What if it's a she......and it's a lap dance.......uhuh...i thought so...it's ok then...right Donny.???

Donny Olow said:
Well .............it is a distraction when the guy listening to the Ipod is singing and dancing around you while your on the teepad !!!!!
If in a group, it should be asked to the group, not assumed, that it's okay to play music. If it's loud enough for other groups on distant holes to hear it, that is not cool.

I understand that it can be helpful to some, but musical tastes vary widely, and it can be horrible if you don't care for your playing partners choices (if someone starts broadcasting Kenny G in my group, they are likely to have their MP3 player mistaken for a driver and sent in to the woods). That's why earphones/buds were invented.

There should be a Discocratic Oath - First, Do No Harm (to yourself or the enjoyment of your playing group).

I actually enjoy throwin' with some good tunes, but you've got to remember it 's not just your course
One day i was playing a peaceful, quiet round at a nice wooded course when a group came up behind us blasting some noisy @#*% out of a full sized jam box and they didn't seem a bit worried about the fact that we were taking our tee-shots at the moment.
I didn't say anything and couldn't tell you if made a difference in my already lack-luster driving, it is just upsetting to me that SOME people don't have any consideration for others. I don't mind if people listen to music during their round but at least show some respect to the OTHER people trying to enjoy a round of disc golf.
I have found that using my Ipod duing my shots helps with focus. In those big tournaments that bring a lot or spectators and players it really comes in clutch. It drowns out the sounds of other groups and distractions during that critical moment. I take out my earbuds when were walking to feel like part of the group. Unless I'm playing with some idiots who can't get a hint. IMO, there's nothing worse than having someone try and treat you like their new best friend during a tournament round. I enjoy gradually getting to know people and not being force fed interactions. The Ipod is a great way to put up an obvious boundary. Led Zepelin is always there to bring me back to reality. A happy pro typically shoots 1020+ golf in there sleep.

I would hope that people wouldn't try and play audible music during a tournament. The reasons should be obvious.

If someones wearing headphones and gets struck by a disc it should be a warning. The next time it should be a one throw penalty. It is up to players to make an effort to get out of the way of a "warned" intruding disc. Relinquishing their ability to hear a "Fore" call is a choice they make. While wearing headphones we aren't aware of the warning and hence probably won't make an effort to move. I'm going off a conversation I've had with a group of touring pros on the subject. I don't know what the actual rules are but this was the general consensus.
I think it depends on the situation. When you are out playing a casual round with your friends I say no harm no foul, but when playing for money in leagues, I find it a distraction because I am trying to concentrate and by playing music, regardless of what is playing, it makes me think about that instead of my shot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968