www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

for us hard core disc golfers out there we are not deterred by the weather! but the elements can be brutal!     any tips to playing in the cold rain besides the obvious?

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bring lots of backup close and back up towels

yeah extra socks is a must!

Throw DX Plastic . Gore-Tex socks or Seal Skins. Waterproof Shoes also helps. Don't get chilled.

I bought a pair of official NFL Recievers' Gloves from Dick's Sporting Goods last year and they have been very good for cold weather play. If I play in the snow I ware a ski glove on my left hand and make sure I pick up discs with that hand to keep my gloved throwing out of the snow.

However, in rain I go bare handed on my throwing hand because once the gloves get wet they become alot slicker then bare skin and don't towel dry very well.  They are also not water proof on the back of the hand which makes them cold and uncomfortable to ware, once they get wet.

I also use Fade's Weather Guard straps in the rain and it's definately works as advertised in the rain. I always carry 4 or 5 micro-fiber towels in my bag and have a good ruberized rain coat for heavy rain.

I like throwing D/DX Pro/X plastic like SS is saying.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968