www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Went down to the park today to get some putting practice in as warmup and then play a round afterwards.  When I went back to my car to grab my bag, I found that someone had busted out my window and grabbed it.  Filed the police report and everything, but I'm moving from Montana to Louisiana on Thursday (in less than 3 days) and I was hoping maybe one of you could help me...

If anyone out there is from the Northwest Montana area, please keep an eye out for these discs.  I've posted a picture of my discs. Most all of the discs in this pic were in my car and are all now missing.  As you can see, every single one has a unique dye design I put on them myself.  I've spent the entire season breaking these discs into near perfect form, and everyone has my email address written on the underside.  

I highly doubt I'll get these back, but there were other valuables in the car which the thief didn't take, so I can only assume he plays disc golf too.  Unless there is some black market for personalized discs which I am unaware of, or something.

I'm trying to stay level headed about this, but half the reason I decided to move to the south was so that I could play DG over the winter, and now all I have to take with me is 3 freakin' putters and no bag.  I won't be able to replace them quickly either, seeing as how I'm already on a pretty tight budget and I don't exactly have a guaranteed form of employment in LA yet, either.

Anyway, to all you Montana DG'ers out there, please keep en eye out if you can.  Don't confront them personally or anything, I'd hate to see someone get hurt.  (People who throw rocks through windows probably aren't themost stable people). But, if you can get a name from them or any kind of information I'll report it to the police and they can safely proceed.

FML,

DarwinDave

Views: 378

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really sad to hear that brother, and I hope the dg community helps out in montana. In the meantime get your insurance to replace your plastic and keep playing.
These smash and grab type people are the worst because not only did they steal discs but they also busted out your window costing you even more money. I hope that they slip up and get caught.

@ Dookville - Like the moron that  I am, I let the insurance lapse about 2 weeks ago.  Irony! It would have been the first time I would have filed a claim since I started with them 8 years ago!  Again, FML...

Where at in Louisiana are you moving, lots of great people down here that will welcome you into there clubs. Also message me your new address and ill send ya a couple disc to get ya started again, also let me know what ya throw and I can try to find it.

http://www.sndg.org/ Here is a link to a large tournament series all over the south if your into playing tourneys anyway. 

Leesville, Louisiana. but, according to everywhere I've looked on the Internet, there isn't a course within 70 miles.  I have family down there I'l be staying with, but its just a stop gap. The true goal is to move to somewhere like North Carolina, which is loaded with courses! (Or so I've been told)

Wow you are in the middle of nowhere for disc golf.... I think Alexandria has started a course there, If go traveling, Lafayette had three very nice courses (2 wooded and 1 more open), Baton Rouge has 3 great courses also (2 openish, and one about to open that should be a good mix), I've heard great things about Monroe courses. New Orleans has two very nice course also. If you are the kind of person that need to go to the beach, head over to Waveland Ms and i'll treat you to a tour of my local course. Mobile AL, has 14 course within 40 mins of each other, atleast one tournament a month and no worries about snow for future moving needs lol.

Disc offer is still on the table just need an address...  

I will keep an eye out.

I have a bag of discs in my garage that just sits there. I was thinking of trying to sell them but I would rather give them to someone who can use them. I have to look to see exactly what I have but I know it is a mixed bag of discraft and innova stuff. From putters to drivers so if you want a few maybe we can work something out. I mean if you just pay for the shipping cost then I would send you whatever I have that's there. I will look to tonight to see exactly what it is. If anything it will hold you over until you can get some new disc's.

Just let me know.
 Sorry to hear about this....I HATE thieves! The one thing I agree with the arabs. Catch a thief, cut off his hand!

All you need is putters!!!!!!  

Hated for the break in!!!

Damn Dave, sorry to hear it..... Can you post up a list of what discs they were? I am on Ebay all the time looking for discs. I get a funny feeling a LOT of stolen discs hit Ebay. I'll keep an eye out....
Disc Thieves Taste Like Chicken!!!
Good point cause people who love the sport woulden't do that to another golfer.  What else can they do but sell them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968