www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Before you leave for the course, be prepared.  Make sure you have everything you need.  Have your body and mind ready for an all-day session of concentration. To do this, take these simple tips:

Eat right: Just eat a something good when you wake up.  Eat cereal for carbohydrates for energy, eat an apple to "polish your brain" and think clearly, and drink plenty of water.  Trust me, doing these things may not seem like they will help your game, but when you're on the back nine hole 12 your body is unconsciously thanking you for the great breakfast and nutrition.  Bring a lot of water, and drink it.

Loosen up: Before you even think about taking out your Destroyer and destroying the first hole, take the time to stretch, seriously.  Get some blood and oxygen moving through your body. Stretch your legs, arms, back, hips, neck; everything if you have the time.  Stretching improves your flexibility, broadens your range of motion, greatly improves your circulation, and can relieve stress.  It simply just makes you feel better.  Be careful when stretching as improper techniques can lead to pulled muscles.

Play Catch:  Take the time to pull out your best Throw and Catch disc and do just that. Get your throwing motion down,  Work your grip,  Finesse your shot.  Just get a feel for everything.  My disc of choice for this would be a 100g DX Polecat.  It's very light and great for accuracy.

Putt: Putting for a five or ten minutes before your round will give you the confidence you need when you're trying to sink a birdie on the first hole.

Throw a few:  After you have stretched and have a feel for the discs, go the an open area and impel some practice drives.  Start with more under stable, lighter discs.  Try for accuracy on the first couple and when you have a feel for it, throw only a couple more to prepare your arm for all of your long drives during your round.

Mind over matter: Last but not least, confidence.  I like to add this simple tip in because I feel as if it's a good thing to remember all through-out your round.  When you're setting up for each shot, don't over-think it.  This only allows your mind to take in everything that could go wrong.  Be confident, KNOW that your going to park it right next to the hole.  Dont let your mind take over your body and your throwing motion.  If you know how it has to be done, you can do it.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice post
Cool !
How about if I just go to the liquor store and buy me a couple of good beers?
Nice job!
Somebody watched the Discraft Pro Clinic Win Before You Begin with Liz Carr
SOUNDS GREAT!
Thanks man!
Your absolutely right, Win b4 U begin clinic was my motivation for this post.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968