www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I didnt start playing until June of 09 and got serious about playing right away. Anyways, it seems that there are A LOT more people out, especially bigger groups, out this year. Is this because its the start of the nice weather and i missed it last year, or did the sport blow up over the winter? Also, why is that its always groups of 4+ people that wont let a twosome or someone by themselves play through?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

try other courses we have about 10-12 courses withen 20 min drive. one of my favorites is 1/2 a mile away from a busy course and no one seems to go there it is a harder course so new golfers don't seem to like it.
My home course has been picking up too. Everyone thinks it's the kids from the School here(fsu) are just going out right now and it will die down. But IT WON"T. It's getting really popular now...which I think is great. But just keep an eye on it. If your courses start really getting full then make a proposal to your city to put in new courses to help facilitate the growth of the sport. I think all of us though are going to be dealing with this issue soon if you are not already...and as far as people not letting you play through...well ask...still a problem...work with the local club and make a rules board with it being on there. I have a big problem with not letting people through. I can't stand when someone in my group says "they can wait" when there is 5 of us and 2 of them. If you don't let people go through and the course isn't full then your just a dick. This usually only comes from newbies or the regulars who think they course actually belongs to them and not the city park...
OH THE PRICE OF FAME!!!
hey J which course??
We have a sign that states Faster groups are allowed to play through. Some Folks don't read the signs though.

Always Ask first before playing through. Don't throw on top of players still on the hole Putting.

Try to play through while group is still in the tee area.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968