www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Not sure if this has been a topic, but it is part of the disc golf life I guess. I ended up with a bad case of poison ivy over the weekend. From Rolling hills if your curious?

Lets hear some help with some treatments?

I have been using Ivy Dry bought at CVS for bout $8, during the day.

Day 2 I started to seep and swell, so I started using Dawn liquid soap to clean and soak it, every hour during the evening.
 Day 3 has seen significant improvement, and plan on keeping with this method for the remainder of the itching and seeping.

I have seen people talk about Clorox baths and vinegar baths. And caladril lotion was recommended by a doctor friend.

And yes, stay out of it! is an option but not a treatment

Doctors do perscribe drugs and lotions, this is for the people that are looking for a home remedy

Well if you have any input let me know

Anyone know names of lotions for after you know you have been in it?

Views: 89

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am really seriously allergic to ivy. So I make a point of thoroughly washing with soap and water immediately after each round. I don't wait til I get home. I carry a couple gallons of water and some dish soap in my trunk at all times, so I am prepared even when there's no running water at the course. Even after I've walked through a thick patch of ivy trying to find a disc, if I get the oil off within a couple hours or so, the most I ever get is a few isolated little dots of ivy rash. Just simple soap and water, it definitely prevents the full-blown rash. There is no need to buy fancy stuff, all you need is soap and water.

After the fact, treatment of a full blown case, now that's a different story.
I don't get poison ivy, I'm always the one my buddies have looking for their disc's. I've heard that bleach will dry up the rash after you get it, but I don't know for a fact that it works
I have pretty sever reactions to poison ivy and such, last time I got some scars on my legs because of it. But yeah soap and water even an hour after you think you've come in contact with it will go a long long long way in keeping it to a minimal reaction. I don't know what all prevents it but I do know that IVA REST will keep you from itching for about 6-10 hours at a time. Way better than calamine lotion and it doesn't smell. I would take hot hot showers because it would cause them to seep (good to get he stuff out) and then I would turn the water to cold. My body didn't like it much but the hot water would relieve the sores and the the cold would numb them and my whole body.

Bleach might work well, I know it does well for drying out other stuff like ring worm, maybe I'll give that a try next time.
So if you see a guy peeing on his leg in the forest do not laugh at him...
Technu.........good stuff !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968